CookUnity is the first ever chef-to-consumer platform. Connecting a diverse group of talented chefs with busy food lovers, we’re elevating the at-home dining experience. On a quest to unlock the world’s best food creators and bring their meals to the masses, CookUnity is home to more than 35 of NYC and LA’s most talented chefs. Through a weekly subscription, consumers can select from a robust and ever-changing menu of handcrafted meals that cater to a wide variety of palates and dietary preferences.
Delivering more than 3.5M meals per year and growing 5x YoY, CookUnity is also helping Chefs double their income and build their own teams under their personal brands.
Believing that healthy food fuels stronger communities, CookUnity contributes to an ongoing partnership and donation with the Food Bank For New York City, the city’s major hunger-relief organization working to end food poverty across all five boroughs.
A growing startup with kitchens in Brooklyn and Los Angeles, CookUnity reaches subscribers throughout the country, with ambitious expansion planned for 2021.
What we're looking for
We are looking for a Product Designer with a passion for designing simple, innovative and intuitive user-centered solutions. The ideal candidate has experience designing products for "the supply-side" of a marketplace. You can not only empathize with and design for our Chefs across our multiple kitchens today, but also envision the product experiences would enable us to have 100x more tomorrow.
The product design lead for the Chef Experience Squad is responsible for the digital experience that enables our Chefs to succeed in onboarding and participating in the CookUnity ecosystem, as well as how they learn from our customers about what's working (and not working) for their dishes.
CookUnity’s customers expect the best quality and variety, and our chefs are masters of delivering on that. The Chef Experience Squad is responsible for making that easy, delightful, and impactful to the experience of our Chefs and Customers.
You will be in the kitchen with some of the best Chefs in America. Not only CookUnity's "rising stars", but also the well-known Chefs we've partnered with as part of our Creators Club (e.g. Pierre Thiam, Esther Choi, JJ Johnson, Ali Maffucci, Marc Forgione, Einat Admony, and more!). You will need to understand what they need to be engaged and successful through research, empathy, and testing.
You'll report to our VP of Product Design, part of the Digital Product Development org led by our Chief Product Officer, who is located in New York City (and who runs the annual NY Product Conference!).
As a leader of the Chef Experience Squad, you’ll partner with product, engineering, data, and our Chef Success team to establish the product strategy, OKRs, and roadmap. You’ll lead designing mobile-first experiments and delivering outcomes at a rapid pace. You'll collaborate closely with our Operations team and our Chefs to incentivize behavior that drives the best possible experience for our customers. You will also collaborate with our growing design team, contributing to company-wide design initiatives.
This is a full-time hire.
- Drive all design decisions based on user research, product data, market trends, and your well-honed intuition.
- Design a high-quality, engaging, and modern menu and meal browsing experience with speed and attention to detail.
- Lead work sessions with your squad, leveraging design-thinking methodologies and practices.
- Identify new, high-impact product improvement opportunities.
- Contribute to team process by implementing current best practices in product design, as well as industry trends.
- Work closely with product managers to define and ensure project/feature success.
- Work closely with engineers, continue to refine design-to-dev processes to ensure the highest level of quality.
- Clearly communicate product design ideas and solutions to cross-functional teams and senior leadership.
- You have 2-6 years of experience in product design, with at least 1 year focused on mobile-centric experiences.
- You are experienced with Figma, InVision, Notion, UserTesting, Lookback, Grain, and Webflow. Optimizely is a plus.
- You have experience in all phases of the design process including IA, wireframing, prototyping, visual design, interaction design, and usability testing.
- You are a creative problem solver.
- You have excellent attention to detail.
- You have experience collecting and interpreting both qualitative and quantitative feedback.
- You have a well-rounded portfolio of product design work, with a focus on creating simple and creative user-centered experiences.
- You have a keen ability to communicate design concepts.
- You have a passion for design; not satisfied with the status quo and always thinking of ways to improve.
- You have experience working closely with product managers and engineers to deliver the highest quality user experience.
- You stay on top of the latest and best tools and techniques, and constantly share your knowledge with your team.
- You enjoy working in small teams in a fast-paced startup environment.
- Health Insurance coverage.
- Fitness subsidies.
- Access to a nutritional coach to help you build a healthy lifestyle.
- Compassionate, Caregiver, or Bereavement Leave: 3 – 5 days each time the need arises.
- Parental Leave: 12 weeks at full pay for primary caregiver and 4 weeks for secondary caregiver.
- A generous amount of CookUnity credits to enjoy our amazing meals, added to your account, monthly.
- Flexible schedule and remote work opportunities available within the calendar year.
- Awesome opportunity to join a company that is looking to change how we eat and how chefs work!
If you’re interested in this role, please submit your application and if we think you might be a fit, we'll get in touch with you. Thank you for your time!