CookUnity is the first chef-to-you marketplace connecting the country's most talented chefs with eaters (consumers). We're changing meal delivery by bringing small-batch, restaurant-quality meals to eaters across the country. Every week, a diverse collective of all-star chefs craft their signature, ready-to-eat dishes for an elevated at-home dining experience.
CookUnity is home to more than 60 of NYC, LA, Austin, Chicago, Atlanta, Seattle and Miami’s most inspired and innovative chefs. Through a weekly subscription, eaters can select from a diverse, ever-changing menu of hundreds of hand-crafted meals. Our chefs create dishes that cater to a wide variety of palates and dietary preferences, so the best part of dining out can be enjoyed by everyone.
Delivering more than 10M meals per year and growing 3x YoY, CookUnity is also helping improve the livelihood of working chefs, tripling their income, enabling the growth of their own teams and personal brands. And believing that healthy food fuels stronger communities, CookUnity partners with Food Bank For New York City, the city's major hunger-relief organization, working to end food insecurity across all five boroughs.
What we're looking for
We're building our team in Brooklyn that will help us become more efficient, faster, and reliable to our customers. We're looking for hard-working, passionate team members and value transparency, communication, and collaboration. We are always learning and growing – if this sounds like an environment where you would thrive, we’d love to hear from you!
The Receiving Associate receives our products and ensures they are in optimal quality for our Eaters. They verify packing slips against actual orders and process invoices as needed. Our Receiving Associates also assist in organizing, rotating and storing all goods in their designated areas.
- Manage deliveries of food, returns and equipment into Marketplace
- Operate pallet jack to move pallets of product
- Checking product temperatures as needed
- Ensure the organization of dry storage, walk-ins and freezers within the Marketplace
- Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned by leaders
- Help to maintain a safe, clean, and well-organized working environment
- Uses food safety standards and FIFO methods to ensure freshness of food
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Ability to regularly lift and move up to 50 pounds without assistance
- Ability to stand, walk, stoop, reach and lift for a minimum of 8 hours without any reasonable accommodations
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Fluent in Spanish
- Ability to operate a pallet jack is helpful but not required
- Sense of urgency
- Attention to detail
- Positive attitude
- Competitive hourly rates
- Healthcare benefits
- Complimentary gym on property (Peloton, free weights, Hydro rower, and more!)
- Lunch served daily
- Opportunities for advancement
- Full-time, Part-time, and Overnight positions available
If you’re interested in this role, please submit your application and if we think you might be a fit, we'll get in touch with you. Thank you for your time!
CookUnity is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are dedicated to creating a community of inclusion and an environment free from discrimination or harassment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or physical or mental disability.