CookUnity is the first ever chef-to-consumer platform. Connecting a diverse group of talented chefs with busy food lovers, we’re elevating the at-home dining experience. On a quest to unlock the world’s best food creators and bring their meals to the masses, CookUnity is home to more than 35 of NYC and LA’s most talented chefs. Through a weekly subscription, consumers can select from a robust and ever-changing menu of handcrafted meals that cater to a wide variety of palates and dietary preferences.
Delivering more than 3.5M meals per year and growing 5x YoY, CookUnity is also helping Chefs double their income and build their own teams under their personal brands.
Believing that healthy food fuels stronger communities, CookUnity contributes to an ongoing partnership and donation with the Food Bank For New York City, the city’s major hunger-relief organization working to end food poverty across all five boroughs.
A growing startup with kitchens in Brooklyn and Los Angeles, CookUnity reaches subscribers throughout the country, with ambitious expansion planned for 2021.
What we're looking for
We are looking for an outstanding Product Manager to lead product development on our Mobile team working on our eater's engagement with solid e-commerce product experience, deep user empathy, excellent user experience intuition, and a drive to deliver.
The product manager for the Mobile Squad on our Engagement Zone owns the full product experience for our mobile apps. It’s a high-impact role with the ability to influence all parts of CookUnity. Our customers use our digital experience weekly to find their favorite meals from our 250+ item menu, and the Mobile Squad is responsible for developing a human connection through our app between eaters and chefs.
You’ll be one of three Product Managers reporting to the Engagement Zone Product Director, who is located in Buenos Aires.
As a leader of the Mobile Squad, you’ll partner with a lead product designer and a lead engineer to establish the product strategy, OKRs, and roadmap. You’ll work with the team’s three engineers to deliver experiments and outcomes at a rapid pace.
Currently, we just have an iOS app, but near in the future we will launch our Android app, we are looking for somebody who could help with that.
This is a full-time hire.
- Drive the Squad strategy, leading and facilitating all squad processes.
- Help the Squad find and prioritize high potential ideas to work on that delivery on that strategy.
- Keep internal and external team members up-to-date.
- Use data science and empathy to understand our users in order to build products that solve their problems.
- Frequently conduct surveys, conversations with users, and collecting customer feedback from reviews.
- Dig in to understand data patterns with our Data Analyst.
- Collaborate with our Operations team to deliver insights on our menu and chefs.
- Collaborate with our Marketing team to merchandising the menu.
- Write clear, efficient product specs.
- Run effective A/B tests to validate new features.
- 3 years of working experience in product and tech teams working with agile methodologies. At least 1 year focused on mobile-centric experiences is a plus.
- Skeptical, curious, and analytical, comfortable with adopting a scientific approach to work.
- You have experience working closely with product, designers, and engineers to deliver the highest quality user experience
- Experience with Clubhouse, Sketch, InVision, Webflow, Zeplin, UserTesting, Optimizely, MixPanel are a plus.
- You are able to frame the right problem, generate and prioritize ideas, involving key stakeholders in the process.
- You have excellent communication skills, especially when it comes to articulating business logic to technical partners.
- You are a DO-er. You get things done with others and across teams with a problem-solving mindset and avoiding unnecessary conflict.
- You have technical proficiency with Product Management tools such as writing stories, performing analytics, building prototypes, and user research.
- You care about delivering small or large features with exceptional quality.
- Experience building B2C products are highly valued.
- You enjoy working in small teams in a fast-paced startup environment.
- You are excited by the opportunity to grow into a leadership role as the company expands.
- Since our HQ is located in NYC, an excellent level of English is required.
- USD compensation.
- 3 week vacation.
- Flexible schedule and remote work opportunities available within the calendar year.
- Company notebook.
- Compassionate, Caregiver, or Bereavement Leave: 3 – 5 days each time the need arises.
- Parental Leave: 12 weeks at full pay for primary caregiver and 4 weeks for secondary caregiver.
- Awesome opportunity to join a company who is looking to change how we eat and how chefs work!
If you’re interested in this role, please submit your application and if we think you might be a fit, we'll get in touch with you. Thank you for your time!