CookUnity is the first ever chef-to-consumer platform. Connecting a diverse group of talented chefs with busy food lovers, we’re elevating the at-home dining experience. On a quest to unlock the world’s best food creators and bring their meals to the masses, CookUnity is home to more than 35 of NYC and LA’s most talented chefs. Through a weekly subscription, consumers can select from a robust and ever-changing menu of handcrafted meals that cater to a wide variety of palates and dietary preferences.
Delivering more than 3.5M meals per year and growing 5x YoY, CookUnity is also helping Chefs double their income and build their own teams under their personal brands.
Believing that healthy food fuels stronger communities, CookUnity contributes to an ongoing partnership and donation with the Food Bank For New York City, the city’s major hunger-relief organization working to end food poverty across all five boroughs.
A growing startup with kitchens in Brooklyn and Los Angeles, CookUnity reaches subscribers throughout the country, with ambitious expansion planned for 2021.
What we're looking for
We are looking for a customer-obsessed Fulfillment & Logistics Manager responsible for managing the strategic operations within the functional areas of receiving, shipping, storage/distribution of goods, and customer delivery of our new kitchen located in Austin, Texas. You'll be representing CookUnity as the face and voice of the brand and a culture setter for new hires.
As part of the founding team in Texas, you will be working closely with the Managing Director, Expansion Manager, and Culinary Manager, helping setting up the process of packing, distribution & logistics, with the goal of reaching our customers more efficiently and hire and train new employees. Key to the role will be positioning fulfillment operations for growth.
On a daily basis, you'll be responsible that our meals are picked and packed with the correspondent packaging, ensuring a low margin of error. At first, this role will be also responsible for supply chain and courier relations.
You'll be partnering with other teams such as Customer Experience, Engineering, and Product to develop strong processes to minimize errors and ensure maximum productivity.
This is a full-time hire.
- Help build a fulfillment and logistics team providing them with necessary tools, proper training and quality direction
- Implement a solid and efficient process and procedures for essential warehouse functions (receiving, shipping, and distribution) to ensure high productivity
- Handle the relation with local and regional couriers and ensure our meals are delivered to our customers at the time and date they expect
- Create a positive team dynamic that encourages all employees to provide feedback and drive change within the facility, adapt to the ever-changing business, and stay focused on the customer experience
- Ensure compliance of health and safety policies
- Collaborate with Customer Experience to continuously improve the delivery experience and respond to delivery exceptions and requests
- Troubleshoot issues and provide solutions to a complex logistics challenges
- 4+ years background in building/improving warehouse management
- Bilingual in spanish is a plus.
- Comprehensive background in Production, Shipping, Receiving, and Warehousing (e-commerce and food delivery industries preferred)
- Effective project management skills, well-versed in Lean Manufacturing/Continuous Improvement
- Efficient with Google app (Gmail, drive, sheets, etc.)
- Experience using large databases and e-commerce framework (we use Magento and OnFleet)
- Outstanding communication and organizational skills. Being able to speak conversational Spanish and/or another language is a plus!
- You should be able to travel at least 1 month to our HQ in NYC to receive training before we launch
- Health Insurance coverage
- Access to a nutritional coach to help you build a healthy lifestyle
- Compassionate, Caregiver, or Bereavement Leave: 3 – 5 days each time the need arises.
- Parental Leave: 12 weeks at full pay for primary caregiver and 4 weeks for secondary caregiver
- A generous amount of CookUnity credits to enjoy our amazing meals added to your account, monthly
If you’re interested in this role, please submit your application and if we think you might be a fit, we'll get in touch with you. Thank you for your time!