Being a global hyper-growth leader in process mining technology, our goal at Celonis is to establish our Intelligent Business Cloud as a standard SaaS solution in any company. Celonis is looking for a Senior Backend Engineer to build new features, design and implement useful API methods and increase the reliability of our software continuously. Our Java services are built on Java 11 and Spring (Boot), so expertise in these areas is highly desirable.
Our team is responsible for building end-to-end Task Mining solutions covering. Therefore, we own various related components, e.g. the Task Mining desktop client, the related EMS service, data processing scripts (SQL/python), and Studio applications.
The work you’ll do:
- Take ownership of features from design to operation
- Increase the reliability of our software continuously
- Work with the latest technologies developing break-through solutions in to develop a new software category
- Propose and implement new software functionalities.
- Constantly improving & automating our development processes
- Collaborate and work closely with the product and design team to understand better the end-user requirements.
The qualifications you need:
- 8+ years of experience in building JAVA web applications professionally
- Write clear, understandable and testable code with continuous focus on maintainability
- Experience in Spring Boot - (versed in Microservices and Concurrency)
- Good knowledge in scalable identity management infrastructure (Oauth, SSO or similars)
- Solid in good REST APIs experience
- High-level understanding of domain, product and architecture
- Able to solve complex problems with limited supervision
- Able to supervise and coach junior and mid-level colleagues
- Nice to have Angular and C#
- Excellent English skills
What Celonis can offer you:
- The unique opportunity to work within a new category of technology, Execution Management
- Investment in your personal growth and skill development (clear career paths, internal mobility opportunities, L&D platform, mentorships, and more)
- Great compensation and benefits packages (stock options, retirement plan, generous time off, family leave from day one, and more)
- Mental well-being support (mindfulness tools such as Headspace, virtual events, and more)
- A global and growing team of Celonauts from diverse backgrounds to learn from and work with
- An open-minded culture with innovative, autonomous teams
- Business Resource Groups to help you feel connected, valued and seen (Black@Celonis, Women@Celonis, Parents@Celonis, Pride@Celonis, Resilience@Celonis, and more)
- A clear set of company values that guide everything we do: Live for Customer Value, The Best Team Wins, We Own It, and Earth Is Our Future
Celonis reveals and fixes inefficiencies businesses can’t see, enabling them to perform at levels they never thought possible. Powered by its market-leading process mining core, the Celonis Execution Management System provides a full set of platform capabilities for business executives and users to eliminate billions in corporate inefficiencies, provide better customer experience and reduce carbon emissions. Celonis has thousands of implementations with global customers and is headquartered in Munich, Germany and New York City, USA with more than 23 offices worldwide.
Celonis is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment and equal opportunity in all aspects of employment. We will not tolerate any unlawful discrimination or harassment of any kind. We make all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, color, sex, pregnancy, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, transgender status, national origin, citizenship status, religion, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other factor protected by applicable anti-discrimination laws. As a US federal contractor, we are committed to the principles of affirmative action in accordance with applicable laws and regulations. Different makes us better.