Within our InfoSec organization, Our global security engineering team is responsible for designing, building, and enhancing the underlying security components that help with securing the Celonis Application and Platforms stacks. We think about both offensively and defensively. We continuously monitor our global security posture and are always adapting to the ever-changing threat landscape. The security engineering team is always looking for talented subject matter experts in application, platform and offensive security.
Celonis is looking for a Senior Application Security Engineer to help assess and validate that our services, applications, and websites are designed and implemented to the highest security standards. You will be responsible for analyzing the security of applications and services, discovering and addressing security issues, building security automation, and quickly reacting to new threat scenarios. You will have the opportunity to mentor the application security engineers who are building and securing our cutting-edge application layer services.
The work you’ll do:
- You will participate in threat modeling, application architecture review, security code review, security assessment, penetration testing (web application, native application, web services, cloud-based services, and infrastructure assessments).
- Conducting security architecture reviews of the application stack, including applications built on cloud and emerging technologies
- Reviewing source code for potential security issues
- Writing security test cases to check for vulnerabilities or broken/missing security controls
- Providing specific risk assessment and remediation guidelines for developers and business owners
- Researching the latest security best practices, trends, threats and vulnerabilities, and technology frameworks
- Perform in-depth security review of new features. This includes identifying security vulnerabilities (OWASP top ten, common issues in NVD, RCE), reviewing code in Java or C++, verifying security posture through pen-test (using manual/automated techniques with tools like Kali Linux, Burp suite, Checkmarx, WebInspect).
- You will partner with engineering and operation teams to integrate mitigation controls into continuous integration, delivery and deployment processes.
- Work on essential areas to develop security baseline for cloud, container, and application and integrate it into the CI/CD pipeline.
- Implement security architecture, methods, and controls required to meet security, compliance, and audit requirements (NIST controls, SOC2, etc.).
- Own security projects from start to finish
- Act as internal advocate and subject matter expert on secure software development practices.
- Lead secure development awareness communications and training initiatives.
The qualifications you’ll need:
- 4+ years previous experience in information security.
- 3+ years’ experience working within software development.
- A bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Information Security/Cyber Security or equivalent.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, as well as social skills including the ability to articulate to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Able to work both independently as well with development teams and multi-task effectively.
- Firm understanding of enterprise class application architectures that are highly scalable and reliable and the expertise to secure them.
- Experience of security architecture and design reviews.
- Experience with multiple languages such as Java, Go, Python etc. and understand how to detect and remedy related security issues such as OWASP top 10.
- Have led security projects from initial planning to completion
Total compensation package will include base salary + bonus/commission + equity + benefits (health, dental, life, 401k, and paid time off). Please note that the base salary range is a guideline, and that the actual total compensation offer will be determined based on various factors, including, but not limited to, applicant's qualifications, skills, experiences, and location.
What Celonis can offer you:
- The unique opportunity to work within a new category of technology, Execution Management
- Investment in your personal growth and skill development (clear career paths, internal mobility opportunities, L&D platform, mentorships, and more)
- Great compensation and benefits packages (equity (restricted stock units), life insurance, time off, generous leave for new parents from day one, and more). For intern and working student benefits, click here
- Physical and mental well-being support (subsidized gym membership, access to counselling, virtual events on well-being topics, and more)
- A global and growing team of Celonauts from diverse backgrounds to learn from and work with
- An open-minded culture with innovative, autonomous teams
- Business Resource Groups to help you feel connected, valued and seen (Black@Celonis, Women@Celonis, Parents@Celonis, Pride@Celonis, Resilience@Celonis, and more)
- A clear set of company values that guide everything we do: Live for Customer Value, The Best Team Wins, We Own It, and Earth Is Our Future
Celonis enables customers to optimize their business processes. Powered by its leading process mining technology, Celonis provides a unique set of capabilities for business executives and users to continuously find improvement opportunities within and across processes, and execute targeted actions to rapidly enhance process performance. This optimization yields immediate cash impact, radically improves customer experience, and reduces carbon emissions. Celonis has thousands of implementations with global customers and is headquartered in Munich, Germany and New York City, USA with more than 20 offices worldwide.
Celonis is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment and equal opportunity in all aspects of employment. We will not tolerate any unlawful discrimination or harassment of any kind. We make all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, color, sex, pregnancy, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, transgender status, national origin, citizenship status, religion, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other factor protected by applicable anti-discrimination laws. As a US federal contractor, we are committed to the principles of affirmative action in accordance with applicable laws and regulations. Different makes us better.