We're Celonis, the global leading Process Mining software company and one of the world's fastest-growing SaaS firms. We believe that every company can unlock its full execution capacity - and for that, we need you to join us as a Product Manager - Design System.
The Celonis Design System team focuses on extending our existing UI libraries, guidelines and tutorials. This team accelerate our growth and ensure that our designers and developers can innovate quickly and deliver delightful and consistent user experiences across our vast platform offering. The goal is to create a durable, yet flexible and extensible design system that evolves with the Product Brand and will serve all 40+ platform teams.
As the Product Manager- Design System, your mission will be to amplify the efforts of one team to the benefit of all by enabling developers and designers to build seamless and high quality products more efficiently. You will partner with our Product UX/UI Design, Brand Design and Engineering to provide a suite of guidelines, frameworks, components and design patterns. This will be the foundation for all our platform teams that develop customer facing products and enable them to build delightful product experiences that are visually and technically consistent across the whole Celonis Execution Management System platform and ecosystem.
Reporting to the Product VP, this is a brand new role in which you will have full responsibility for building and scaling the Celonis Design System across our platform, both internally and externally.
If you are a design-focused software Product Manager looking for an exciting new challenge, read on!
The work you’ll do:
- Build and align the vision of the Design System in line with the goals of the organization, define the strategy and roadmap and keep a groomed backlog going forward to enable Celonis to scale and innovate fast
- Partner with Design and Engineering to establish, build and maintain a comprehensive library of shared components and design patterns and ensure proper documentation
- Continuously identify opportunities to improve the system to ultimately improve the designer/developer experience via:
- Staying informed and engaged with the wider community
- Establishing communication channels and processes to drive adoption
- Create feedback loops with consuming teams in order to build a design system that Design and Engineering love to use
- Guide program management around accessibility standards and engage with stakeholders
- Be an advocate for the design system usage across the 40+ platform squads and ensure it is adopted
- Track KPIs to measure the impact of the design system and clearly articulate the business value and goals of the design system to stakeholders
The qualifications you need:
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Computer Interaction, Media Informatics, Information Design, Computer Science, Graphic Design or a comparable education or equivalent practical experience
- 3+ years of experience working in program/product management and working directly with engineering and design teams building high-quality software
- A systems mindset (ideally having worked with design systems)and a good understanding of software product development process, ideally experience with Jira and working in agile teams
- A deep understanding of UI Kits, design systems and principles and understanding of key concepts in UI, UX and motion design
- A solid understanding of CSS Frameworks and Frontend Frameworks implementations
- A sense for ownership and a self-starter attitude with a genuine passion for design and technology as well as for helping others grow
- Ability to understand the breadth of the Celonis platform and the needs of the product teams who will be using the design system
- Strong verbal and written communication skills (including fluent English)
- Experience with Sketch, Abstract and InVison DSM would be nice to have
What Celonis can offer you:
- The unique opportunity to work within a new category of technology, Execution Management
- Investment in your personal growth and skill development (clear career paths, internal mobility opportunities, mentorships, yearly development stipend)
- Great compensation and benefits packages (stock options, 401(K) matching, generous time off, parental leave, and more)
- Work from home support (mindfulness tools such as Headspace, monthly remote working stipend, flexible working hours, virtual events and workshops)
- A global and growing team of Celonauts from diverse backgrounds to learn from and work with
- An open-minded culture with innovative, autonomous teams
- Employee resource communities to help you feel connected, valued and seen (Women@Celonis, Parents@Celonis, Pride@Celonis, Resilience@Celonis, and more)
- A clear set of company values that guide everything we do: Live for Customer Value, The Best Team Wins, We Own It, and Earth Is Our Future
Celonis believes that every company can unlock its full execution capacity. Powered by its market-leading process mining core, the Celonis Execution Management System provides a set of applications, and developer studio and platform capabilities for business executives and users to eliminate billions in corporate inefficiencies. Celonis has thousands of global customers and is headquartered in Munich, Germany and New York City, USA with 15 offices worldwide.
Celonis is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Different makes us better.