We're Celonis, the global leading Process Mining software company and one of the world's fastest-growing SaaS firms. We believe that every company can unlock its full execution capacity - and for that, we need you to join us as a Payroll Administrator
The Payroll Administrator owns the full cycle payroll process for North America. Has an understanding of processing multi-state payroll and regulatory filings. Partners with the finance team on payroll reporting and reconciliations. Evaluates current payroll processes for opportunities for improvement and ensures all compliance requirements are met.
Location: Raleigh, NC- Hybrid work environment
- Ensure timely and accurate end-to-end, on-cycle payroll processing for semi-monthly and off cycle payroll for North America regions
- Run semi-monthly and off cycle GL payroll journal entries
- Ensure accurate quarter and year end processing including: federal, state and local tax reconciliations (941, 940, W-2, etc.)
- Confirm required controls are validated and cleared as in accordance to routine payroll processing; raise any exceptions or discrepancies as related to application and business controls to management
- Provide outstanding customer service to employees & business partners with questions relating to payroll and payroll taxes
- Will have a strong partnership with Finance & Accounting team
- Process benefit enrollments and terminations and ensure employee changes are completed in a timely and compliant manner
- Track and follow up on new employee enrollments/missing paperwork
- Enter benefit deductions and changes into the HRIS systems
- Audit our plans to ensure data is accurate and up to date
- Review vendor and service provider invoices, ensuring they are accurate each month and any needed adjustments. Resolves discrepancies with carriers and payroll
- Maintains complete electronic employee personnel files, records and other documentation for employees, including processing new employees, forms for employment status changes and maintaining timely and accurate files.
- Prepares statistical summaries and reports from the HRIS involving payroll information, demographic data and other employee data, requiring knowledge of the various Human Resources disciplines. Assists to maintain data integrity in systems by running queries and analyzing data and reviewing source documents for accuracy and completion of data input.
- Generates files/reports such as the EEO1, annual non-discrimination testing for benefits plans, annual reports, as well as other special and ad hoc reports as requested.
- Other responsibilities include but not limited to participate in special projects, or ad hoc analyses as assigned.
- Professional certification in payroll a plus, e.g. Certified Payroll professional (CPP) Fundamental Payroll Certification (FPC)
- Minimum of 3+ years related experience working at a midsize company
- Knowledge of Payroll Tax Compliance
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Accounting or Finance or other related field (preferred)
What Celonis can offer you:
- The unique opportunity to work within a new category of technology, Execution Management
- Investment in your personal growth and skill development (clear career paths, internal mobility opportunities, mentorships, yearly development stipend)
- Great compensation and benefits packages (stock options, 401(K) matching, generous time off, parental leave, and more)
- Work from home support (mindfulness tools such as Headspace, monthly remote working stipend, flexible working hours, virtual events and workshops)
- A global and growing team of Celonauts from diverse backgrounds to learn from and work with
- An open-minded culture with innovative, autonomous teams
- Employee resource communities to help you feel connected, valued and seen (Women@Celonis, Parents@Celonis, Pride@Celonis, Resilience@Celonis, and more)
- A clear set of company values that guide everything we do: Live for Customer Value, The Best Team Wins, We Own It, and Earth Is Our Future
Celonis believes that every company can unlock its full execution capacity. Powered by its market-leading process mining core, the Celonis Execution Management System provides a set of applications, and developer studio and platform capabilities for business executives and users to eliminate billions in corporate inefficiencies. Celonis has thousands of global customers and is headquartered in Munich, Germany and New York City, USA with 15 offices worldwide.
Celonis is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Different makes us better.