Industry Business Development Manager
The time is now to start your next career step at Celonis, one of the fastest growing global tech companies worldwide
Celonis is the leader in business transformation software. Our Execution Management Systems (EMS) lifts barriers to execution capacity to maximize business performance. We give data-driven & AI technologies context and let them speak in a wholly new way based on our award-winning process mining technology, which is powered by our in-house developed and patented PQL (Process Query Language). The Celonis Execution Management System provides a set of instruments and applications to help companies manage every facet of execution management from analytics, strategy and planning, to management, actions, and automations.
Our technology helps bring immediate value to the biggest enterprises around the globe, and makes a direct impact on how people work day-to-day. For Global 2000 companies, transforming to an intelligent enterprise has become a key strategic priority. Celonis disrupted what had previously been a manual, time-consuming and expensive consulting-driven approach to jump-start and operationalize change in transformation initiatives. Celonis has thousands of global customers including ABB, AstraZeneca, Bosch, Coca Cola, Citibank, Dell, GSK, John Deere, L’Oreal, Siemens, Uber, Vodafone, and Whirlpool. Particularly in these uncertain times Celonis plays an impactful role in helping customers to use their execution capacity the best way possible.
Celonis has grown 5,000% in 4 years and 300% in the past year. Celonis now counts as a Decacorn, having raised $1 billion in our most recent funding round in June 2021, valuing the company at more than $11 billion. Our current headquarters are in Munich, Germany and New York, USA, but we have 15 offices worldwide. Since opening our US headquarters in New York in September 2016, we have quickly added blue chip customers like Lockheed Martin, ExxonMobil, Honeywell, and Mars to our client roster. The US is the fastest growing region for Celonis and will soon exceed 50% of our total revenue. Therefore we are expanding US offices in New York, San Francisco, and Raleigh, and growing offices as well in Toronto, Canada, and Latin America.
At each and every Celonis office, we get things done quickly by cultivating an open-minded culture with creative, collaborative, autonomous teams in which the best ideas win. As part of Product & Engineering you will have the opportunity to grow with a steep learning curve, being equipped with responsibility from day 1.
We are building an Industry Business Development team as part of the Process Intelligence Team within the GTM (Go To Market) Org with the goal of driving and supporting ACV (Annual Contract Value) growth in all key industries.
- Become the key point of contact for industry sales and broader GTM topics
- Lead the Industry-focused community aligning our GTM teams around best practices and knowledge sharing
- Identify the industry sales assets ( value propositions, industry trends, demos, etc.) and enable all customer-facing teams on these assets
- Adapt existing industry sales kits and re-usable assets to assist our sales teams in their customer engagements
- Work as part of the extended account team on the top strategic accounts in your Industry, providing bespoke expertise in a customer-facing capacity to develop and progress large sales opportunities. This account support can be extended to other accounts with large opportunities
- Conduct relevant customer and industry research to develop industry thought-leadership and points-of-view to publish online that can also be presented at Celonis events and 3rd party conferences
- Present to and consult with GTM leadership on business trends with a view to developing new demand generation activities
- Lead structured and programmatic demand generation activities, working with the extended Celonis machine of marketing, business development and partners.
- Strong analytical background, ideally at a Tier 1 strategy consulting firm to an Engagement Manager / Project Leader level
- Engineering or Business Administration degree
- MBA preferred, but not required
- Entrepreneurial spirit and confidence to pick up and lead new projects
- Experience in dealing with senior leaders plus good networking and strong influencing skills
- Strong sense of ownership
- Not necessarily deep industry experience, but with the intellect and passion to become an expert
- Ability to lead and influence extended teams without formal line-reporting authority
- Ability to take a practical approach to business development
- Good Line Of Business communication, and ability to present the industry concept internally (e.g., to Sales teams) and externally (in front of senior client or at events)
- Fluency in English is essential and an additional European languages are a plus.
Celonis is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Different makes us better.