Lead global VAR and distributor partnerships at Canonical, the company which publishes Ubuntu and open source solutions to the enterprise market.
As the fastest-growing enterprise platform for cloud and IoT, we have seen a substantial increase in channel demand for Ubuntu-based solutions. We seek a global head of channel to shape and lead the team which builds our international network of resellers and distributors. Our Global Channel Sales Director will work closely with VARs and distribution partners throughout their sales cycles and across their sales organizations to build long term growth with Ubuntu solutions and services.
The successful candidate will be a seasoned software channel professional responsible for strategy and execution. They will need to understand the competitive landscape, industry trends, and our range of solutions in order to prioritise, plan and deliver for partners and the business.
Reporting to the VP Global Alliances, the Global Channel Sales Director will strive to increase Canonical market share and attach rate, evangelise partnerships and lead all business interactions. They will own channel strategy, sell-to, sell-through and sell-with motions across the ecosystem and will drive partner workshops and sales events. They will also grow the team and drive activity from lead generation to sales enablement and new partner onboarding, delivering quarterly business reviews and joint go-to-market plans with regularity and to a high standard.
As Global Channel Sales Director you will:
- Build strategic relationships with partners at multiple levels
- Demonstrate a sophisticated understanding of Linux and open source industry norms, trends and brands
- Drive adoption of Ubuntu based solutions for a wide range of industries and scenarios
- Negotiate commercial business terms and contracts
- Work closely with marketing, sales, engineering and product management to deliver on objectives
- Be the voice of the partner community in our planning and strategy
- Lead executive interlocks between partners and Canonical
The successful Global Channel Sales Director will have :
- A deep understanding of partner sales models, in particular 2-tier distribution models
- Extensive experience in channel sales management
- Leadership, organisation and management strength
- Autonomous, disciplined, hands-on, get-it-done mentality
- Ability to capture customer requirements, evaluate gaps, identify and create opportunities
- Passion for Ubuntu products and the Canonical mission to deliver open source globally
- Comfort with fast-paced, high pressure environments and ambitious goals
- Experience with open source, virtualization, containers and other cloud technologies
- Awareness and interest in the field of connected devices and IoT
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Ability to travel - sometimes internationally - up to 40% of the time
What Canonical offers:
- Learning and development
- Annual compensation review
- Recognition rewards
- Annual leave
- Priority Pass for travel
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. Diversity of experience, perspectives, and background create a better work environment and better products. Whatever your identity we will give your application fair consideration.