Dedicated Cloud Engineer
Cloud engineers architect and run the leading cloud technologies on the market today and in the future. This includes OpenStack and Kubernetes for multi-cloud environments as well as automated infrastructure and service orchestration. If you have passion for Linux and Cloud, as well as affinity for open source development, this role is a great opportunity to build a career with Canonical and drive the success with those leveraging Ubuntu and open source products while working with some of the best people in the industry at Canonical.
The role of a Dedicated Cloud Engineer at Canonical
The dedicated cloud engineer works directly with a Canonical customer to understand their cloud needs and help shape their cloud strategy. As a member of the team you will gain experience using a broad range of cloud technologies. Canonical clouds include future upgrades meaning you aren’t stuck working with old solutions. Canonical is a technology agnostic cloud leader, incorporating new solutions like Kubernetes as they become available staying up to date with the best open-source offerings.
Location: this role is an opportunity for an EU resident technologist.
What your day will look like
- Monitor production environment of a customer to ensure smooth operations
- Troubleshoot and solve issues
- Automate operations of a customer environment
- Collaborate with other teams, sharing your learnings and raising the bar on excellence of software-driven operations
What we are looking for in you
- Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent degree
- Software Development experience and familiarity with Python
- Demonstrated drive for continual learning
- Experience working directly with customers
- An exceptional academic track record from both high school and preferably university
- Willingness to travel up to 4 times a year for internal events
Additional skills that you might also bring
- Experience with OpenStack or Kubernetes deployment or operation
What we offer you
We consider geographical location, experience, and performance in shaping compensation worldwide. We revisit compensation annually (and more often for graduates and associates) to ensure we recognise outstanding performance. In addition to base pay, we offer a performance-driven annual bonus. We provide all team members with additional benefits, which reflect our values and ideals. We balance our programs to meet local needs and ensure fairness globally.
- Distributed work environment with twice-yearly team sprints in person - we’ve been working remotely since 2004!
- Personal learning and development budget of USD 2,000 per year
- Annual compensation review
- Recognition rewards
- Annual holiday leave
- Maternity and paternity leave
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Opportunity to travel to new locations to meet colleagues from your team and others
- Priority Pass for travel and travel upgrades for long haul company events
Canonical is a pioneering tech firm that is at the forefront of the global move to open source. As the company that publishes Ubuntu, one of the most important open source projects and the platform for AI, IoT and the cloud, we are changing the world on a daily basis. We recruit on a global basis and set a very high standard for people joining the company. We expect excellence - in order to succeed, we need to be the best at what we do.
Canonical has been a remote-first company since its inception in 2004. Work at Canonical is a step into the future, and will challenge you to think differently, work smarter, learn new skills, and raise your game. Canonical provides a unique window into the world of 21st-century digital business.
Canonical is an equal opportunity employer
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. Diversity of experience, perspectives, and background create a better work environment and better products. Whatever your identity, we will give your application fair consideration.