Help global companies embrace the public cloud infrastructure, cloud native operations, and open source applications with help of Canonical’s technologies and tools. Our global field engineering team apply expert insights to real-world customer problems, enabling the enterprise adoption of Ubuntu, OpenStack, Kubernetes and a wide range of associated technology.
We often say that our field engineers have 'the hardest job at Canonical' because customers can ask about any aspect of our solutions and products and expect a thoughtful, well-informed answer. We always want to do the best thing for our partners and customers, regardless of our company interests, and field engineers are the people we trust to ensure that is true.
The people who love this role are developers who like to solve customer problems through architecture, presentations and training.
The main responsibilities of this position are:
- Understand Ubuntu, Linux, networking and services in real-world public cloud environments
- Architect complex infrastructure solutions like Kubernetes, Ceph, Hadoop and Spark, Kubeflow
- Architect and integrate popular open source software such as PostgreSQL, MongoDB, Kafka, Cassandra and NGINX
- Help partners to offer and architect joint solutions utilizing Canonical’s technologies on top of the public clouds
If you have a passion for the latest open source technologies, cloud-native development, data centre technologies such as Kubernetes, Public Cloud (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud) and computer networking, you will love the Public Cloud Consultant role at Canonical.
The successful candidate will have :
- Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics or related technical field
- Some experience with Ubuntu, Kubernetes, or Ceph
- A few years experience with architecting and implementing solutions on top of public clouds
- Python and bash understanding, troubleshooting skills
- Fluent written and spoken English
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- High motivation, ability to multi-task and follow-up reliably on commitments
- Interest in customer-facing engagement, including pitching, demonstrating and understanding customer environment and needs
- Interest in new technologies like LXD, Juju and Snaps
- Ability to travel globally up to 25% of the time
Nice to have:
- Second language
- Public Cloud certifications
Canonical believes a diverse workforce enhances our ability to deliver world class software and services which meet the world’s computing needs. We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.