Canonical is a growing international software company that works with the open-source community to deliver Ubuntu, “the world’s best free software platform”. The Commercial Engineering Quality Assurance (QA) team works with all the engineering teams in Canonical, OEM and ODM customers, to bring Ubuntu directly to millions of users by delivering certified Ubuntu laptop, desktop, IoT and other computing devices.
As a Graduate Software QA engineer, you will join the team responsible for our strategy for quality coordination and testing. You will learn to be a quality expert with extensive experience establishing quality processes from the ground up. You will understand the tools and techniques used to introduce new products, and will work with teams across the company to drive quality improvements through the entire development cycle.
As a Graduate Software Quality Assurance Engineer you will:
- Improve our automated test capability with design and code contributions
- Perform automated and manual testing of Ubuntu Desktop, Server and Core on varies latest hardware.
- Suggest solutions to identified product problems
- Collaborate with the Project team to ensure consistent project execution
- Identify quality assurance process bottleneck and suggest improvements
- Collect quality data
- Establish proactive measures to improve the quality and reliability of the Ubuntu platform
- Prepare time estimates and schedule for testing activities
- Identify, isolate, and document bugs clearly and concisely in the bugs database
- Work with development teams across multiple projects to build efficient, effective automated testing
- Communicate effectively with colleagues in a variety of time zones around the world
- Triage test reports and customer bugs
The successful Graduate Software Quality Assurance Engineer will have :
- Passionate about Linux desktop, and related technologies. Ubuntu experience would be a plus
- Comfortable with online communication and collaboration such as mailing lists, Mattermost, wiki
- Excellent logic, problem solving, and troubleshooting skills
- Strong written and spoken communication skills in English
- Ability to be productive in a globally distributed team
- Ability to pick up new technologies and achieve high effectiveness quickly
What Canonical Offers:
- Learning and development
- Annual compensation review
- Recognition rewards
- Annual leave
- Priority Pass for travel
- Annual health check
Canonical believes a diverse workforce enhances our ability to deliver world class software and services which meet the world’s computing needs. We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.