What is Canonical?
Canonical is a growing international tech company that works with the open-source community to deliver Ubuntu, “the world’s best open source platform”, widely used in cloud computing and software engineering. Our mission is to realise the potential of open source software in the lives of individuals and organisations. Our services are helping individuals and businesses worldwide to reduce costs, improve efficiency and enhance security with Ubuntu.
The Office Manager leads day-to-day operations in the Bratislava office providing administrative support and works to provide a great working environment. The Office Manager works closely with the Global Director of Workspaces to implement policies, processes and guidelines and supports the wider team with delivery of projects and initiatives that enhance the culture of Canonical and Ubuntu.
- Create a professional, positive and welcoming environment for our team members and guests visiting the Bratislava office.
- Work closely with the Executive Assistant team, event teams and Travel Operations assisting with travel program support, meeting organisation, and other logistical planning.
- Proactive management of front-of-house, meeting rooms and desks.
- Office management including liaison and communication with managing agents, landlords, contractors, vendors and consultants.
- Administrative and logistical tasks as required such as ordering stationery, office equipment, and processing invoices.
- Consistent office induction for all new starters, and appropriate processes for leavers.
- Ensure the office complies with health & safety legislation.
- Administer the local operating budget and report on office expenses.
- Manage projects and processes for lease renewal, or office relocation.
Required Skills and Experience
- Ability to provide a high standard of operational and administrative support in a dynamic office environment
- Excellent communication skills
- Project and events management experience would be desirable
- Ability to travel for company events and related work
- Confidence with technology such as email, internet, word processing, spreadsheets
- Self-driven, results-oriented with a positive outlook
- Excellent attention to detail
- A natural forward planner
- Self-awareness and ability to critically assess own performance
- Reliable, tolerant and determined
- Keen to assume responsibility and accountability
- A team player with a transparent working style
- Health and safety courses/qualifications would be an advantage but are not essential
What Canonical Offers
- Learning and Development
- Annual Compensation Review
- Recognition Rewards
- Annual Leave
- Priority Pass for travel
Canonical believes a diverse workforce enhances our ability to deliver world class software and services which meet the world’s computing needs. We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.