This Project Manager role in Canonical’s Devices business is responsible for the coordination and completion of complex customer facing projects, overseeing all aspects of project delivery and acting as the primary delivery liaison between Canonical's engineering teams and Canonical's customers. This is a high-profile technical project management position where customer relationship management and advocacy for Canonical's technical assets are strategically crucial. You will be required to create, manage, and maintain project specific schedules ensuring projects are delivered within the time/resources/scope expectations. You will be responsible for managing multiple projects simultaneously.
The Project Manager is expected to build and maintain working relationships with team members, customers, other partners/vendors, and other Canonical departments/teams. Regular preparation of project reports for management regarding status of project will be required. The role is responsible for managing the project through its complete life-cycle and ensuring that the overall goals for both Canonical and the client are met.
As a Project Manager you will:
- Successfully deliver professional engineering services for assigned projects
- Assist in the development of project statements of work
- Draft and maintain project specific schedules and project plans
- Obtain client agreement to the project schedule and agreed upon work items
- Ensure projects are delivered within time/resources/scope expectations
- Manage project risk mitigation and plans
- Drive technical issues to reach desired delivery outcomes
- Review test report submission provided by customer
- Level 1 technical escalation point for issues reported by customer
- Conduct weekly status meetings and quarterly business reviews with customers for assigned projects
- Maintain daily/weekly communication with the client and all relevant stakeholders
- Identify custom engineering requests that are not part of an existing business contracts
- Advocate to customers the appropriate technologies from Canonical's product portfolio
- Support different time zones and work non-traditional hours as required to support the assigned projects.
The successful Project Manager will have:
- Project management experience in a technical service field with devices
- Software Engineering or Field Application Engineering experience
- Degree level education, preferably in Science, Technology, Engineering or Math
- Strong knowledge of Linux and the wider open source software community
- Experience of projects with cross-cultural stakeholders in Asia, Europe and the Americas
- Strong communicator who is comfortable in a customer facing role
- Strong leader and problem solver with extensive experience building successful partnerships
- Ability to form effective working relationships with demanding project sponsors
- Excellent communications skills, both verbal and written, in English and/or Mandarin Chinese
- PMP/PMI, or PRINCE2 Practitioner Certification preferred
- Ability and willingness to travel occasionally domestically and internationally
- Ability to work non-standard work hours in support of a worldwide sales and project team.
Canonical is a growing, international software company that works with the open-source community to deliver Ubuntu -- the world’s #1 cloud operating system. Our mission is to realize the potential of free software in the lives of individuals and organisations. Our services help businesses worldwide to reduce costs, improve efficiency and enhance security with Ubuntu.
- Learning and development
- Competitive salary
- Recognition rewards
- Annual leave
- Priority Pass for travel
Canonical believes a diverse workforce enhances our ability to deliver world class software and services which meet the world’s computing needs. We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.