Canonical is the publisher of Ubuntu. We help businesses worldwide embrace and operate open source across public cloud, private cloud and edge. We optimise Ubuntu for silicon from a wide range of partners, and our goal is to enable users of Ubuntu to get the most out of their silicon for data center, private cloud, micro cloud and IoT.
Our VP Silicon Alliances drives joint initiatives with global semiconductor companies. Ubuntu is the platform of choice for innovation, and our goal is to bring together innovation in silicon, the operating system, and the open source stack to create compelling solutions that accelerate adoption and consumption of Ubuntu and silicon products together.
This role depends on insight into the global software and silicon sectors, and the strategy of global semiconductor leaders. It requires the ability to identify and develop opportunities of mutual interest to Canonical and the silicon industry. The role requires the ability to conceive of target solutions or reference architectures and deliver those to partners and channel. The successful candidate will be a proven technical leader and commercial thinker with a hands-on approach.
The role requires a degree in engineering or science paired with a knack for business development and strategic responsibility.
- Lead and grow a high performing team of Silicon Partner Managers
- Understand and represent Canonical’s product portfolio and roadmap
- Identify and close opportunities of mutual interest
- Ensure roadmap alignment between Canonical and silicon partners
- Own business development with semiconductor partners
- Identify and define solutions, reference architectures and joint offerings
- Lead go-to-market for solutions and reference architectures
- Understand joint go-to-market initiatives
- Support field sales and channel groups to drive business for Canonical
- Technical or science background and supporting qualifications
- Five+ years experience in a semiconductor company focused on product or marketing leadership
- Familiarity with market ready reference solution design and delivery
- Ability to represent Canonical to senior executives at silicon companies
- Ability to spearhead strategic initiatives with silicon, channel and partners
- Expert commercial thinker and influencer
- Business and commercial interests with a relevant degree
- Ability to conceptualize new business models
- Consultative selling and excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to accommodate extensive international travel