An exceptional opportunity for a competitive technology leader. MAAS delivers total automation of physical servers, from giant data centres to tiny clusters at the edge. This role is all about:
- designing the future of physical compute estate
- understanding the technology and economics of bare metal
- staying ahead of the curve with new physical capabilities
- automation of provisioning and metal configuration
- device management and firmware update capabilities
- working with partners to automate their physical products
- understanding trends in network hardware, configuration and operations
- understanding trends in software hardware, configuration and operations
- physical system monitoring, alerting and observability
If you have a passion for hardware, technology and business, experience in data centre physical and software operations, deep familiarity with open source and Linux, and awareness of open source community leadership and best practices, then you will love the MAAS product leadership role at Canonical.
Private infrastructure is being redefined with open source. Software defined storage and networking, hyper-converged architecture and east-west traffic friendly fabrics are raising the bar for infrastructure resilience and capacity. Ubuntu is widely deployed in hyperscale infrastructure, to deliver the best economics and performance. This role is all about extending that lead into the traditional enterprise.
The successful candidate will be multi-talented, with:
- A technical or science background and qualifications
- Software engineering experience
- Experience in data centre operations - physical compute, networking and storage
- Familiarity with relevant software and standards - BMCs, DNS, IPv4, IPv6, KVM
- Business and commercial interests
- Proven leadership and presentation skills
- Personal interests aligned with the field
- Awareness of Ubuntu and Canonical’s competition and opportunities
- Track record of data-driven decision-making
- Proven ability to write about technology and the tech landscape
This role requires an analytical storyteller with a strong sense of message. We prefer graduate professionals with software engineering management experience who want to become business executives and entrepreneurs, to define product strategy and drive engagement.
Product leadership at Canonical is data-driven and content-centric. Product performance is closely measured and this team participates in regular reviews with company leadership. You will join a growing team and help shape the message across our suite of products. You will create effective content to engage sophisticated technical and commercial audiences, and work closely with marketing, media, engineering, sales, research, consulting, and training teams. You will also be accountable for product go-to-market execution, marketing collateral, case studies, training, and blog posts. You will be expected to deliver measurable lead-gen and awareness.