What is Canonical?
Canonical is a growing international software company that works with the open-source community to deliver Ubuntu. Ubuntu is the #1 platform for OpenStack and the #1 platform for public cloud operations on AWS, Azure, and Google Cloud. With expertise across open-source technologies we provide consulting, training, support, and fully managed private cloud services for many of the world’s leading companies.
Cloud engineers architect and run the leading cloud technologies on the market today and in the future. This includes OpenStack and Kubernetes for multi-cloud environments as well as automated infrastructure and service orchestration. The dedicated cloud engineer works directly with a Canonical customer to understand their cloud needs and help shape their cloud strategy.
As a member of the team you will gain experience using a broad range of cloud technologies. Canonical clouds include future upgrades meaning you aren’t stuck working with old solutions. Canonical is a technology agnostic cloud leader, incorporating new solutions like Kubernetes as they become available staying up to date with the best open-source offerings.
What Canonical Offers:
- Work with helpful and talented engineers including experts in many fields
- Technical management team that understands the details of what we are developing
- A culture of openness and inclusiveness
- Teams focused on good work life balance with long average retention rates
- Many fully remote positions for future opportunities without relocation requirements
- Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent degree
- Software Development experience and familiarity with Python
- Located in or ready to relocate to the São Paulo, Brazil area
- Proficiency in both English and Portuguese
- Demonstrated drive for continual learning
- Experience working directly with customers
Nice to haves
- Experience with OpenStack or Kubernetes deployment or operation
We hope that you’ll join us in helping to shape and build the future of free software together.
Canonical is an equal opportunity employer
Canonical believes a diverse workforce enhances our ability to deliver world class software and services which meet the world’s computing needs. We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.