Title: IHV Alliances Business Development Director
Reports to: IHV Alliances VP
Location: US home based (Preference for Austin Tx, Houston Tx)
Independent Hardware Vendors (IHV) play a crucial role in Canonical growth plans.
Reporting to the IHV Alliances VP, the Business Development Director will be responsible for helping IHV partners to thrive and grow their business with Canonical solutions and services.
Our Business Development Director will work closely with Canonical strategic partners throughout their lifecycle and across their complex organizations to anchor ubuntu stacks in the IHV solutions to bring innovative solution to life, help embrace cloud native and machine learning applications, and adopt hybrid cloud.
Our Business Development Director is responsible for building trusted relationships with IHV partners, increase Canonical market share and attach rate, evangelize about the partnership and lead all business interactions from engineers to CxO level . He would also often be animating many customer workshops, sales event, public presentations and executive engagements.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES & ACCOUNTABILITIES
• Build strategic relationships with IHV partners at levels, and stickiness with Ubuntu technology
• Deep understanding of linux and cloud software ecosystem, and opensource selling models
• Negotiate contracts and commercial business terms.
• Deep understanding of large and complex organizations such as Dell, HPE etc.
• Work closely with marketing, sales engineering and product management to deliver on targets, objectives and provide a voice of the partner
• Lead executive interlocks between IHV partners and Canonical leadership team
• Ability to travel - sometimes internationally - up to 40% of the time.
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
• 15yrs+ experience in alliance or indirect sales management roles
• Autonomous, disciplined, hands-on, get-it-done mentality
• Ability to capture customer requirements, evaluate gaps, identify and create opportunities
• Passionate about Ubuntu products and mission
• Comfortable in fast-paced and high pressure environments with ambitious achievement goals
• Extensive experience with OpenStack, virtualization, containers and other Cloud technologies.
• Excellent communication and presentation skills