Job Title: Campaign, Retention and Growth Marketing Manager
Location: London, UK
Date Posted: 3 December 2019
Closing Date: 1 January 2020
Canonical is the company behind Ubuntu, the leading Operating System for container, cloud, and hyperscale computing. The majority of public cloud workloads and large-scale private cloud deployments are on Ubuntu. Ubuntu is also the preferred choice to develop and run applications such as AI or blockchain . Ubuntu is also leading in smart IoT with new smart gateways, self-driving cars and advanced humanoid robots being developed on Ubuntu . Canonical provides enterprise products, support and services for Ubuntu. Established in 2004, Canonical is a privately held company.
The marketing team is looking for a full-time Campaign, Retention and Growth Marketing Manager, to develop and deliver worldwide partner marketing programs.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Own key retention and growth marketing programs, leading the analytics, strategy development, execution, reporting and continuous improvement loop on these initiatives.
- Analyse and segment the customer base to identify reactivation and up sell opportunities across the product offerings
- Understand customer needs through surveys, interviews, and product usage and be a conduit for the voice of the customer to the product team and the company.
- Develop, test and implement life cycle marketing strategies aimed at optimising engagement, loyalty, retention and growth.
- Collaborate on the creation of segmented on boarding and engagement programs for customers that drive active use of Canonical products and ultimately retention.
- Manage cross-functional initiatives to deliver business requirements, create project plans, and drive on-time execution.
- Establish business requirements for analysis and reporting on the success of programs and retention revenue. Own retention KPIs and revenue for the Core business, and communicate progress versus plan.
- Run lead generation multi-channel campaigns, targeting specific geographies and verticals in collaboration with the sales and business development teams
- Run multi-channel product launch campaigns in collaboration with product management, technical operations and product engineering
- Liaise with the web and design team to create web pages, content, graphics and other digital assets to support the various campaigns
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing or business or computer science 5 or more years of experience at B2B SaaS, cloud or business strategy consulting firm, with at least two years running retention marketing programs in a SaaS or related B2B business.
- Data-Driven Marketer: Comfortable with large sets of digital marketing and product usage data to glean critical insight to inform marketing and conversion strategy
- Proven analytical skills, able to assess opportunities and make decisions on ROI/advantages of programs & investments.
- Strong communicator, listener and presenter: Able to team and interact professionally with stakeholders of all levels across engineering, managers and executives.
- Willingness to roll up sleeves.
- Ability to work and thrive in a self-starter, fast-paced and changing environment
- Experience with working effectively in an agile, iterative test-and-learn marketing environment
- Hands-on experience of the full marketing stack: Salesforce, Marketo, Google Analytics, Google Data Studio, Google Ads, Facebook Ads, Linkedin Ads, Trello.
- Hands-on coding experience: html, css and Github
DESIRABLE SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Presales or sales experience
- Fluency in other languages