What is Canonical?
Canonical is a growing international software company that works with the open-source community to deliver Ubuntu, “the world’s best free software platform.” Our mission is to realize the potential of free software in the lives of individuals and organizations. Our services are helping individuals and businesses worldwide to reduce costs, improve efficiency and enhance security with Ubuntu.
This role will have full oversight of day-to-day operations in the London office and provide support to the other Canonical offices outside of the UK. This role will work to determine the needs of the office to provide a great working environment. They will also support the wider team with delivery of projects and initiatives that enhance the culture of Canonical and Ubuntu.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Create a positive and welcoming environment for our people and anyone visiting the London office
- Manage services to the London office, including liaison/communication with managing agents, landlords, vendors and consultants.
- Tracking and reporting on the performance of facilities services including vendors, service providers, mail/couriers, hospitality, maintenance, security, safety, moves/changes and any other operational requirements
- Keen eye for service improvement and proactively maintain processes and written procedures
- Manage office suppliers/vendors including periodic review and reporting of services
- Ensure the office complies with Health & Safety legislation and assist with new starter onboarding
- Manage the Capital Expense and Operational budgets for the London office, and others as required, including forecasting, managing variances and conformance to processes set by finance
- Manage new offices/premises that may be opened in the region
- Region-specific travel support
- Assist Executive Assistants and Events teams with internal events/sprints
- Willing and able to travel when required by the company
- Strong leader with a track record of engaging positively at all levels of the organization to achieve positive outcomes
- Excellent verbal/written communicator with strong customer facing skills
- ‘Team First’ ethic with a transparent working style
- Able to maintain accurate and detailed records
- Experience managing facilities in a tech (or similarly dynamic) environment
- Strong understanding of building and monitoring financial budgets
- Good understanding of building equipment and managing outsourced services
- Project management skills and past experience managing office relocations
- People management in a corporate environment including remote teams
- IOSH managing safety or NEBOSH qualified
What Canonical Offers:
- Learning and Development
- Annual Compensation Review
- Annual Leave
- Maternity and Paternity Leave
- Priority Pass for travel