Cloud Sales Director
Canonical's mission to make open source software available to people everywhere. We believe the best way to fuel innovation is to give the innovators the technology they need.
Canonical was created alongside Ubuntu (A Linux Operating System) to help it reach a wider market. Our services help governments and businesses the world over with migrations, management and support for their Ubuntu deployments. Together with our partners, we ensure that Ubuntu runs reliably on every platform from the PC and the smartphone to the server and, crucially, the cloud.
We make Ubuntu available on the world’s most popular public clouds, including Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Platform, IBM Cloud and Oracle Cloud.
We provide 24/7 support and Canonical Content for some of the most famous technology companies in the world, including Netflix, Bloomberg and Google.
Cloud Sales Director responsibilities:
- Home based business development function with regular travel
- Have in-depth knowledge of the Canonical portfolio of software and services
- Have a global view and be fully integrated into the selling motions at a Tier 1 Public Cloud
- Support the Partner's sellers at a Tier 1 Public Cloud to position and sell Canonical Software and Support Solutions
- Achieve Quarterly and Annual Quota and MBOs.
Minimum Qualifications for Cloud Sales Director
- Experience with Open Source and Linux, Public Cloud Computing, IaaS and PaaS
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 5+ years of experience in IT sales (Some partner experience preferable).
- Sales Experience
- Infrastructure or IaaS Software Experience (Including Business Development and Sales).
- Partner Sales Experience
- Experience with Cloud Computing
- Experience with Infrastructure Software Sales
- Experience with Linux
- Experience with Open Source Software
Location: UK and Southern Europe