IoT Sales Executive
Canonical is the company behind Ubuntu Linux with over 20 million users globally. Ubuntu Is the most widely deployed OS in the cloud space, and we’re expanding our mission to be the most trusted OS for the IoT marketplace with Ubuntu Core.
Ubuntu Core is our new tiny, transactional version for IoT devices - it runs a new breed of super-secure, remotely upgradeable Linux app packages known as snaps. It is targeted for leading IoT players, from chipset vendors, device makers, large enterprises and system integrators. Key vertical markets include: digital signage, robotics, edge and industrial gateways, automotive, manufacturing, smart buildings, transportation and energy.
The IoT Sales Executive will have responsibility for achieving the assigned annual quota through the sales of new IoT device enablement, support services and management solutions. The individual should be able to prospect large enterprise and semiconductor accounts for new business, as well as further develop and grow existing strategic accounts in the US territory. This is a unique hunter sales role and requires energy, ambition and focus. The IoT Sales Executive must be comfortable positioning and selling open source, services, and technical software solutions to all levels of the organization and across a wide variety of IoT vertical markets.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES & ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Exceed, quarterly and annual bookings target for device enablement, application software, and services through the sale of the Ubuntu Core and it’s related product set.
- Carry out initial sales activities as required to develop new pipeline for the US territory; sales, local marketing activities, and industry events to further extend brand awareness.
- Build, execute and maintain a US territory plan which achieves the tactical, strategic and financial objectives for the assigned region within the IoT marketplace.
- Manage customer relationships and interactions through all stages of the sales cycle; prospecting to contract closure.
- Work cooperatively with his/her IoT Architect/ SE partner to increase account penetration and overall success in the territory while ensuring customer satisfaction.
- Maintain accurate data and forecasts within the Salesforce CRM system across different IoT product lines and various sales cycles.
- Establish productive, professional relationships with key personnel, influencers and decision makers in all customer accounts.
- Coordinate the involvement of company personnel, including support, delivery and management resources, in order to exceed account performance objectives and customers expectations.
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's level degree, preferably in engineering or computer science.
- 10+ years or equivalent field experience in enterprise software or technology sales.
- Proven track record of achieving sales targets and winning large accounts.
- Ability to be successful in a globally distributed team through self-discipline and self motivation and effectively leverage all corporate resources for joint success.
- Ability to extend existing relationships with any customers/prospects and develop joint strategic sales plans for increased revenue and market share.
- Strong selling, negotiating and relationship-building skills and experience in applying a process-oriented, sales methodology to any customer engagement.
- Proven early stage start-up success - must be a self starter with high energy and drive.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, both verbal and written.
- Detail orientated with strong and effective follow-up.
- IoT sales experience.
- Open Source and Linux understanding.
- Semiconductor account management
Canonical is an equal opportunity employer