Sales Development Representative - Austin, TX, Office Based
What is Canonical?
Ubuntu is the fastest growing Linux distribution, with over 20 million users in just a few years. The project is aimed at reducing barriers to innovation globally by providing free access to an open technology platform. Canonical delivers products built on the Ubuntu platform to customers around the globe.
We are recruiting a junior Sales Development Representative to join our pipeline generation team. This is a role where salary depends on quarterly achievements with bonuses paid for over achievement. The goal will be to overachieve quarter in, quarter out.
As a Sales Development Representative you will:
- Handle inbound customer inquiries across all channels (email, phone, chat)
- Execute various outbound sales campaigns
- Research information about prospective customers using available resources
- Identify prospects by calling out to form prepared outbound call listings.
- Contact (call, email, social media) prospective customers with the objective to set-up follow up meeting with sales representative
- Accurately update, maintain and create leads, contacts and pipeline by using the company CRM system. (Salesforce)
- Continuously feedback on effectiveness of the campaigns with the objective to achieve better results
- Maintain operations by following policies and procedures while reporting needed changes.
The Successful Sales Development Representative will have:
- Bachelor's degree required, preferred science, business or marketing majors.
- Fluency in English and in another language is a plus
- Experience in telephone sales or telemarketing
- Passion for technology
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Result driven with the mentality to always smash targets.
- Customer service
- Prospecting and listening skills
- Motivation for sales
- Team work
What Canonical Offers:
- Learning and Development
- Annual Compensation Review
- Recognition Rewards
- Paid Time Off
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, AD&D and FSA (starts Day 1)
- 401K (starts Day 1)
- 529 Savings Plan