IoT Business Development Manager - Beijing
Canonical is the company behind Ubuntu Linux with over 20 million users. Ubuntu Is the most widely deployed OS in the cloud space, and we’re expanding our mission to be the most trusted OS for the IoT marketplace with Ubuntu Core!
Ubuntu Core is our new tiny, transactional version for IoT devices - it runs a new breed of super-secure, remotely upgradeable Linux app packages known as Snaps. It is targeted for leading IoT players, from chipset vendors, ODM’s, OEM’s, large enterprises and system integrators. Key vertical markets include: digital signage, robotics, edge and industrial gateways, automotive, manufacturing, smart buildings, transportation and energy.
The IoT Business Development Manager will have responsibility for achieving the assigned annual quota through the sales of new IoT device enablement, support services and management solutions. The individual should be able to prospect ODM. OEM, Semiconductor and large Enterprise accounts for new business, as well as further develop and grow existing strategic accounts in the China territory. This is a unique blend of hunter sales and business development skills and requires energy, ambition and focus. The IoT Business Development Manager must be comfortable positioning and selling open source, services, and technical solutions to all levels of the organization and across a wide variety of IoT vertical markets.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES & ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Exceed, quarterly and annual bookings target for device enablement, application software, and services through the sale of the Ubuntu Core and it’s related product portfolio.
- Carry out initial sales activities to develop new pipeline for the China territory; sales, local marketing activities, and industry events to further extend brand awareness.
- Build, execute and maintain a China territory plan which achieves the tactical, strategic and financial objectives for the assigned region within the IoT marketplace.
- Manage customer relationships and interactions through all stages of the sales cycle; prospecting to contract closure.
- Work cooperatively with Canonical IoT team to increase penetration and overall success in the territory while ensuring customer satisfaction.
- Maintain accurate data and forecasts within the Salesforce CRM system across different IoT product lines and various sales stages.
- Establish productive, professional relationships with key personnel, influencers and decision makers in all customer accounts.
- Coordinate the involvement of company personnel, including support, delivery and management resources, in order to exceed account performance objectives and customers expectations.
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's level degree, preferably in engineering or computer science.
- 10+ years field sales experience in enterprise software or complex sales
- Proven track record of achieving sales targets and winning large accounts.
- Ability to be independent and successful in a globally distributed team and effectively leverage all corporate resources for joint success.
- Ability to extend existing relationships with customers and develop joint strategic sales plans for increased revenue and market share.
- Strong selling, negotiating and relationship-building skills and experience in applying a process-oriented, sales methodology to win business.
- Proven early stage start-up success - must be a self starter with high energy be able to navigate and drive complex sales engagements.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, verbal and written.
- Detail oriented with strong and effective follow-up.
- IoT sales experience.
- Open Source and Linux understanding.
- Semiconductor account management
- ODM account management
Canonical is an equal opportunity employer