Inside Sales Executive - London
What is Canonical?
Canonical is a growing international software company that works with the open-source community to deliver Ubuntu, “the world’s best free software platform”. Our mission is to realise the potential of free software in the lives of individuals and organisations. Our services are helping individuals and businesses worldwide to reduce costs, improve efficiency and enhance security with Ubuntu.
The Inside Sales Executive will be focused on driving forward and expanding our Open Source business (Cloud, Open-stack, Open-source). You will work closely with Field Sales and Sales Manager/ Reps to implement national and regional sales plans, to support the introduction of new products and achieving assigned quotas and targets. You will have a revenue closing quota to overachieve quarter in, quarter out.
As an Inside Sales Executive you will:
- Pursue sales target objectives for assigned territories/field sales associates and conduct long-term sales follow-up to key customers.
- Develop qualified leads for the field sales force through outbound telephone contact and provide the field sales team with customer, prospect and application information.
- Maintain our database with accurate and current customer and prospect information.
- Live and breathe Linux and Ubuntu technology.
- Assist by providing input to Marketing and Sales on product acceptance, lost sales, and predicted specials needed to increase sales.
- Accurately update, maintain and create pipeline by using the organisations chosen CRM system. (Salesforce)
- Assist with the development of new concepts, and changes/improvements to Standard Operating Procedures and policies. Independently evaluate problems and recommend proactive solutions.
- Manage daily workloads, data, leads call scripts and guides and target markets in line with the organisations planning.
The successful Inside Sales Executive will have:
- The ability to collaborate with your team to resolve customer care issues, motivate, promote and sell open-source network solutions and products to customers.
- Strong negotiating skills with the ability to close sales.
- Good working knowledge of cloud, network architecture, products, industry, and customers.
- Excellent (telephone) Sales and Business Development skills.
- Good oral and written communication skills including tact and diplomacy.
- A proven track record of overachieving sales targets.
What Canonical Offers:
Learning and Development
Comprehensive Private Health including Dental cover
Annual Compensation Review
Priority Pass for travel
Flexible working option
Following the working hours and public holidays of the country, the employee is working for/appointed to Mondays to Fridays between the hours of 9 am and 6.00pm. (This is subject to change at the company's discretion, dependent on operational needs) Occasional travel.