Title: Semiconductor Alliance Partner Manager
Reports to: Director of Alliances
Location: US home based (Preference for Austin, TX -- Portland, OR – SF Bay Area, CA)
Ubuntu is one of the most widespread Linux distributions used across the internet and now has the majority share of operating systems running on public clouds. Ubuntu Core and Ubuntu Desktop are the leading Linux distributions for IoT & Embedded devices along with desktop PCs, laptops & workstations.
We are looking for a technical partner and alliance manager who can work with leading global technology companies to help us discover new opportunities to align our technology and businesses. A successful candidate will be as comfortable discussing the details of a new systems design as they are developing a business plan. The role requires a strong background in engineering (either hardware or software) paired with an aptitude for business and interpersonal communication.
This role involves developing opportunities in complex environments to deliver profitable growth businesses for Cloud, IoT and Devices groups at Canonical. The successful candidate will drive and align internal resources to best support the overall company goals and objectives. The successful candidate will be a proven leader who has a hands-on approach, a strong understanding of Cloud, IoT or PC technologies and can work at both a strategic and tactical level.
- Stay on the forefront of hardware and software technology in Cloud, Enterprise and Embedded spaces.
- Develop a deep understanding of Canonical’s businesses and technology.
- Build, develop and maintain strong professional relationships at partner companies.
- Provide industry leadership through effective communication of vision internally and externally.
- Negotiate contracts and commercial business terms.
- Outstanding consultative selling abilities and excellent interpersonal skills with executive level customers and partners.
- Work closely with marketing, sales engineering and product management to deliver on targets, objectives and provide a voice of the partner.
- At least 2 years of experience as a design or verification engineer working in a commercial product environment with shipping experience preferred.
- Experience in technical/engineering sales, evangelism or advocacy roles
- Bachelors degree or higher in EE, or CS from a top university.
- Established contacts and relationships with potential partners a plus.
- Strong technical aptitude and project management skills
- Ability to work collaboratively with colleagues and staff to create a results driven, team oriented environment.
- Experience with a strategic sales methodology, sales funnel management, and SalesForce a plus.
- Ability to travel internationally as required, estimated to be 40% or more. #fmg1
- Problem Solving/Analysis.
- Business Acumen.
- Strategic Thinking.
- Results Driven.
- Customer Focus.
- Technical Capacity.
- Communication Proficiency.