What is Box?
Box is the market leader for Cloud Content Management. Our mission is to power how the world works together. Box is partnering with enterprise organizations to accelerate their digital transformation by creating a single platform for secure content management, collaboration and workflow. We have an amazing opportunity to further establish ourselves as leaders in the space, and we need strong advocates to help us achieve that goal.
Today, Box powers over 100,000 businesses, including 70% of the Fortune 500 who trust Box to manage their content in the cloud. Our Warsaw office is an incredibly exciting addition to our EMEA expansion. We're already in London, France, and Germany, and the new Poland location will act as a global engineering and product development hub alongside our headquarters in Redwood City, California.
About the team:
The Notes Team owns Notes, Tasks, Notification Center, and Commenting for Box's platform. The functionality that this team builds is used by our largest cohorts of users (versus just admin users). They are the only true real-time service at Box, using web sockets to deliver a real-time editing product. It's a complex problem space that we are experts in, and it's a great team to join if you want to contribute to creating one of the most vital Box products. The team is mostly developing Front-End with React.js, for some minor Back-End tasks they use mostly node.js.
- Ideally 2+ years experience as a software engineering manager, ideally leading teams owning high-scale production services
- Ideally 5+ years of professional software development experience building full stack web applications and/or distributed systems
- Build alignment and execute on new technical ideas with an understanding of best practices
- Experience driving effective execution with agile processes in a highly dynamic environment
- Ideally people-oriented leader able to model and cultivate a collaborative inclusive culture
- Strong communicator, passionate about technology and enjoy raising the bar
- Experience working with distributed teams in different time zones is a plus
- Must speak English proficiently
You will be expected to:
- Lead a team of experienced engineers located in Poland
- Define team's roadmap, execution plans and take ownership of delivery
- Develop your team members via 1:1s, career planning, coaching discussions, timely career guidance and grow the team through hiring great engineers
- Model and uphold our values through building a collaborative, inclusive team with a focus on customer impact and building for leverage in the newly created office
- Cultivate a culture of excellence on the team through a focus on execution, quality, and scale
- Organize stand ups, sprint planning, technical discussions and work for the team and maintain sprint task statuses in issue tracking tool
- Attend team, project, and manager 1:1 meetings weekly
- Partner with product to scope new features, provide project estimates and milestones to inform quarterly commitments
- Collaborate with cross-functional partners and stakeholders to ensure the team is delivering true business impact
- Represent Box Notes Poland internally and externally
- Agile management - Scrum
- Issue tracking tool - Jira
- Knowledge repository - GitHubEnterprise/Confluence/StackOverflow
- Code reviews - GitHubEnterprise
- Version control system - GIT