WHAT IS BOX?
Box is the market leader for Cloud Content Management. Our mission is to power how the world works together. Box is partnering with enterprise organizations to accelerate their digital transformation by creating a single platform for secure content management, collaboration and workflow. We have an amazing opportunity to further establish ourselves as leaders in the space, and we need strong advocates to help us achieve that goal.
By joining Box, you will have the unique opportunity to help capture a majority of this developing market and define what content management looks like for the digital enterprise. Today, Box powers over 98,000 businesses, including 70% of the Fortune 500 who trust Box to manage their content in the cloud.
WHY BOX NEEDS YOU
Box is growing fast. Real fast. Every business in the world is looking to modernize the way that they work. As the leader in cloud content management, Box is the ideally positioned company to help enterprises transform how people collaborate together, onsite or remotely. We want to make sure that the engineers at Box have the best tools possible to drive that transformation in a secure and efficient way. That's where you come in!
As a product leader for Box's internal development platform, you will shape the vision and evolution of the foundation that supports the world's leading cloud content management system. You'll be responsible for everything from understanding the performance needs of our customers, exposing new technical capabilities that enable mind-blowing features, and ensuring that everything is delivered in production with the resiliency and security that our enterprise customers depend on.
As Box expands its business and presence across the globe, we want to make sure our engineers are provided with a solid, cloud-native platforms to smoothly deliver enterprise grade products that meet quality, security, global and in-region compliance requirements.
WHAT YOU'LL DO :
- Define the internal Box developer platform strategy and roadmap including identifying capabilities that accelerate innovation delivery and resiliency
- Drive requirements for Box's Kubernetes-based, Platform-as-a-Service that is the foundation for our multi-cloud hosting strategy
- Discover, collect, analyze and communicate problems and opportunities with our internal development platforms, observability, tooling, and experience at Box
- Identify technology trends that let us 10x our backend and developer experience while delivering profitably at scale and with excellent quality
- Prioritize between requirements and work with infrastructure platform engineering teams on fiscal year, quarterly, and Agile planning
- Champion ideas to provide continuous improvements to the development platforms at Box
- Partner closely with the Architecture team to align the technical and product roadmaps for maximum impact
- Work with other Product Managers to align roadmaps, scope and prioritize capabilities to power the engineering experience and productivity
- Work with Program Managers and other stakeholder to drive the adoption of new productivity features and tools; identify KPIs, success and exit criteria and quantify the impact of adoption programs
WHO YOU ARE:
- Bachelor in Computer Science, Technical Program Management or Product Management or equivalent experience in related fields
- 5-7 years of experience as a Technical Program Manager, Product Manager, a Product Owner (in Agile), Solution Architect or a similar role in a software company
- You demonstrate an in-depth understanding of PaaS, IaaS and the public cloud ecosystem
- Knowledgable about cloud-native infrastructure and tools, such as Docker, Kubernetes, Terraform, ELK, etc.
- Have hands-on or technical program/product management experience in delivering IaaS or PaaS
- Understands the concept of DevOps and its fundamentals
- You have a passion for creating tools and platforms that power development productivity
- You have experience working in a highly cross-functional environment
- You have an innate curiosity and ability to dive deep into product and technical architecture
- You know how to leverage data effectively to inform decisions, set requirements, and evaluate success
- You love inspiring teams, managing complexity, driving operational excellence, and delivering extraordinary results.
- Skills that will be a big bonus:
- Experience with observability tooling such as Splunk, Datadog, New Relic, Google Stackdriver, etc.
- Experience and knowledge on micro-service based architecture
- Visit this webpage to check out all of our exciting healthcare benefits:
- For all other benefits, please check out:
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
For details on how we protect your information when you apply, please see our