What is Box?
Box is the market leader for Cloud Content Management. Our mission is to power how the world works together. Box is partnering with enterprise organizations to accelerate their digital transformation by creating a single platform for secure content management, collaboration and workflow. We have an amazing opportunity to further establish ourselves as leaders in the space, and we need strong advocates to help us achieve that goal.
By joining Box, you will have the unique opportunity to help capture a majority of this developing market and define what content management looks like for the digital enterprise. Today, Box powers over 98,000 businesses, including 70% of the Fortune 500 who trust Box to manage their content in the cloud.
Why Box needs you
Box is growing fast. Real fast. Every business in the world is looking to modernize the way they work. As the leader in cloud content management, Box helps enterprises transform how people work together. We have the power to help our customers upload faster, be more creative, and get work done more efficiently. Every code iteration makes an impact, and together we will change the world.
In order to transform the way people and organizations work, we need to rapidly bring to market new products and features. Box is a lot more than just file storage, syncing, and sharing. Our product offers many features to companies that enable them to trust Box with their most sensitive content and make them productive within and outside their organization. In turn, Box Engineering needs to rapidly build critical business delivering applications that can power those products and features at scale.
Our Fullstack Engineering organization is made up of many different teams that you can join. Whether you enjoy working on building new tools and APIs to help users get their work done faster, or have a passion for building out enterprise products and features that are able to handle complex use-cases in a robust and easy-to-use way, we'll help find the right team for you and what you're interested in doing. As a whole, we have big ambitions and truly value impact, as well as tackling huge problems -- if this excites you, then come join us!
We're looking for engineers who are passionate about owning and driving projects end-to-end, collaborating with stakeholders across the business, and delivering a delightful experience to our customers.
What you'll do
- Get to work with cutting-edge technologies that are defining the future of the cloud
- Team up with other engineers to foster solid engineering principles and represent our engineering values
- Utilize both your technical and relational skills to lead large scale projects to completion
- Collaborate, influence, and drive for improvement across scrum teams
- Develop and own high-quality code across all levels of the stack - UI, backend-for-frontends, microservices - from investigation to implementation to testing to release
- Model solid engineering practices around architectural design, testability, scalability and maintainability
- Work with modern technologies and frameworks such as React, Node.js, Java, Docker, and Kubernetes
- Partner with product managers, designers, and other cross-functional stakeholders to align on requirements and understand how your work will impact the business
- Architect and implement new features and be a key contributor to the technical roadmap
- Have great visibility and impact across all of Engineering
Who you are
- Passionate about solving hard problems using data-driven solutions
- You like to be an owner and strive to do work you're proud of, both technically and in your team interactions
- Inspire other people to work with you, and enjoy mentoring, coaching, and learning from other engineers
- Understand the importance of balancing security, performance, and usability
- Passionate about building delightful customer-facing experiences.
- Excitement toward web architectures, spanning front-end and back-end layers
- Experience decomposing monolithic applications into service oriented architectures
- Deep understanding of algorithms, data structures and software design
- 5+ years of experience, with a Bachelors Degree (in CS) or equivalent
- Remote friendly
Want to learn more?
- Immerse yourself in the Box Platform: Create a developer account at
- Box Engineers share on
- Get under the hood, comment on your favorite architecture deep-dive at
- Grab a free account and make your content more valuable: Hit us up at
- And check out some of the work our specific teams have done:
- More info on
- For information about Box Tasks and Automations, check out the and from BoxWorks 2018
- And read more on with Box Tasks and Automations
Visit this webpage to check out all of our exciting benefits:
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We encourage everyone to “Bring Your ____ Self to Work,” one of the key pillars of Box culture. Learn more by checking out our page on !
For details on how we protect your information when you apply, please see our