About our team
As an engineer on Applications team, you'll be joining a fast-paced, full-stack team in one of the most critical areas of Box. We are building new tools and APIs to help users get their work done faster in Box. You will work across teams to lead design and implementation of components that power mission-critical use cases for our customers. We are leading the effort at Box to revamp all of Notifications and Tasks on both backend / frontend by building on a modern micro-services architecture. This is one of the highest priority efforts at Box which will enable us solve some of the biggest pain points for our customers.
- Do you strive to build clean, well monitored services, that deliver a wonderful user experience?
- Do you like building in a modern, microservices architecture?
- Do you dream about deleting code from monolithic applications?
- Do you want a balanced work-life on a flexible team?
- Do you enjoy working closely with Business Analytics to deeply understand how your features impact customers?
- You'll architect and implement new components of our Notification Service
- You'll collaborate with teammates to foster solid engineering principles and represent our engineering values
- Work with modern cloud technologies like Docker and Kubernetes
- As a senior member of the team, you'll use both technical and relational skills to lead large scale projects to completion
- You'll influence and work towards improvement across scrum teams
- Coach and mentor other engineers and teams Collaborate with others senior engineers across our organization to define our technical strategy
- You have 4+ years of experience
- You prefer working with object-oriented programming languages
- You enjoy crafting elegant and scalable solutions
- You act like an owner and strive to do work you're proud of, both technically and in your team interactions
- You are able to encourage other people to work with you, solving for your team
- You have used APIs to build UI for an Android, iOS app, or React app
- You understand how to build secure and performant client side UIs
Nice to haves
- Experience with Java
- Technical lead in the past for a team of at least 3+ engineers
At Box, we put our employees first. We know the formula to delight our customers starts with epic features designed by employees that Box constantly shows are our #1 asset — through a dynamic work environment filled with hardworking colleagues, modern perks, and diverse social activities where everyone can participate while we do great work.
Founded in 2005, Box (NYSE:BOX) is transforming the way people and organizations work so they can achieve their greatest ambitions. As the world's leading enterprise software platform for secure content collaboration, Box helps business of all sizes in every industry securely access and handle their critical information in the cloud. Box is headquartered in Redwood City, California, with offices across the United States, Europe, and Asia.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We encourage everyone to “Bring Your Whole Self to Work,” one of the key pillars of Box culture. Learn more by checking out our page on !
Learn more about Box Engineering here
- Immerse yourself in the Box Platform: Create a developer account at
- Box Engineers share on
- Get under the hood, comment on your favorite architecture deep-dive at
- Grab a free account and make your content more valuable: Hit us up at