Product Manager - Digital Member Experience
We are looking for an experienced Product Manager who is passionate about building products that people love. You will join a dynamic and fast-paced environment and work with cross-functional teams to design, build and roll-out products that deliver WeWork’s vision and strategy to our members.
About the Role
WeWork’s software stack has allowed the company to grow rapidly, and it continues to expand and evolve as we tackle new business ventures. Digital Member Experience, DMX, focuses on designing and shipping digital products to support, enhance and scale our global community. This includes the WeWork member app, available on iOS, Android and web - products that help our members connect with one another, solve business problems, and achieve success.
WeWork Product Managers work directly with teams of engineers, designers and stakeholders to build and ship our suite of digital products. The ideal candidate has an entrepreneurial spirit, has worked in an agile startup environment and pushes the boundaries of what’s possible. This position is based out of WeWork HQ in New York City.
We thrive in our work-hard, play-hard culture. We get serious things done. Then we have fun, and lots of it. If this describes where you want to work, you’ll fit right into our team.
- Initiate and manage all cross team or department collaboration and stakeholder work.
- Lead the ideation, technical development and launch of member facing products and features.
- Work directly with engineering and design to ensure our products exceed standards of quality and reflect WeWork’s brand.
- Run our agile process by building a clear product backlog that aligns to the company’s mission while also removing roadblocks.
- 3+ years product management or product design experience, specifically in consumer facing products.
- Excellent verbal/written communication and presentation skills.
- Exceptional organizational and analytical skills.
- Have a deep understanding of software design, data structures, APIs, etc.
Critical Competencies for Success
- You do what you love!
- Credibility is earned at WeWork through execution and getting things done.
- You are able to get into the details and deliver results under highest expectations on time and quality.
- Be ready to get hands-on with all aspects of the daily needs. The buck stops with you.
- Pragmatism and outcomes orientation are valued and lead to wins.
- Exceptional organizational and multitasking skills.
- You thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- You have the flexibility to think outside the box.
- We don't do everything the traditional way, and are always looking to innovate and push the envelope.
- You have the ability to foresee and identify needs of the team.
- You take an innovator and creator’s approach to any issues that may arise.
- There is no room for “I” at WeWork. Every role and individual is in the organization to serve We.
- Builds trust across the organization by being a good listener and inclusively soliciting input.
- You are open to new and innovative solutions.
- You must present well and communicate clearly and effectively to upper management and internal departments.
- You’re willing to adjust course when appropriate new ideas or objections are raised.
- You love working with people!
WeWork is the platform for creators, providing more than tens of thousands of members around the world with space, community and services that enable them to do what they love and create their life's work. Our mission is to create a world where people work to make a life, not just a living, and our own team members are central to that goal.
The WeWork team believes deeply in the power of “we” and in the movement we’re a part of. We challenge convention and achieve amazing things through dedication and collaboration. There is a contagious energy in our spaces as we work together toward accomplishing our goals.
Our hunger for building great spaces; empowering startups, freelancers, and small businesses; and connecting interesting people is far from being satisfied. We’re just getting started, and our journey gets increasingly exciting as more team members join the movement! Below are the values that guide who we are and everything that we do.
We do what we love and are connected to something greater than ourselves.
We are creators, leaders and self-starters. We try new things, we challenge convention, and we’re not afraid to fail.
We are genuine to our brand, mission and values. We’re not perfect and we don’t pretend to be. We are, though, always honest and as transparent as we can be.
We never settle. We get sh*t done and we get it done well. We’re persistent and knock down walls—literally if we have to.
We are grateful for each other, our members, and to be part of this movement. We don’t take success for granted. We’re happy to be alive.
We are in this together. This is a team effort. We always look out for one another. We value empathy; we know we’re all human, and know we can’t do any of this alone.