Via is using technology to transform transportation around the world. From changing a single person’s daily commute to reducing humanity’s collective environmental footprint — we’ve got huge goals.
Via is looking for a Finance Associate to join the Finance team. This person will be involved in all aspects of the core finance functions at Via, with a focus on revenue and accounts receivable. You will manage the monthly revenue process, including the month-end financial close and technical accounting research, while driving process improvement throughout the finance organization. A successful candidate will be organized and structured in their thinking, able to juggle multiple projects simultaneously, be motivated to take on new and challenging projects, and be a clear communicator.
What You'll Do:
- Manage finance and accounting projects across Via’s operations, developing a unique knowledge and understanding of the business as a whole
- Support many aspects of the monthly close, with a focus on revenue accounting, working closely with other members of the finance team to ensure accurate and timely reporting that will help efficient decision-making at the management and operational level
- Prepare monthly billing and understand key revenue recognition considerations under ASC 606
- Monitor customer outstanding balances and participate in collection efforts
- Scale up the Company’s systems and processes as we continue to expand
- Partner cross-functionally with operations, growth, data, and partnership teams to understand the implications of new business initiatives and assist in the development of adequate reporting
- Assist in the documentation and implementation of organization wide control processes for various functions
Who You Are:
- Organized and independent; a self-starter who is comfortable taking on significant responsibility
- Willingness and ability to learn complex processes and systems
- Strong analytical and communication skills; you’re able to analyze a problem, pay attention to details, work through a solution, and discuss your analysis
- Strong understanding of revenue recognition standards and concepts
- Background in audit or tax at an elite public accounting firm, or experience in an accounting role at a fast-paced high growth start-up
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting or a similar field of study
- 1-3 years of relevant work experience
- Advanced Excel skills are a plus
- Prior experience at a large global public accounting firm, or a fast-paced high growth start-up is a plus
Compensation and Benefits:
- Final salary will be determined by the candidate’s experience, knowledge, and skills. Salary reflected does not include equity or variable pay, where applicable
- Salary Range: $65,000-$85,000
- We are proud to offer a generous and comprehensive benefits package, including free medical plans and 401K matching.
We’re Via, and we build technology that changes the way the world moves. We pioneered the TransitTech category to ensure that the future of transportation is shared, dynamic public mobility — the kind that reduces carbon emissions across congested cities, minimizes reliance on private cars, and provides everyone with accessible, efficient, and affordable ways of getting around.
We created the first end-to-end TransitTech solution for cities and transit agencies, offering world-class software, service design, and operational expertise to fundamentally improve the way the world moves.
Via was founded with the guiding principle that we go further when we go together. We are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace. If you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles. All backgrounds, identities, and voices are welcomed and celebrated at Via.
Ready to join the ride?
Via is an equal opportunity employer.