Venture Global LNG (“Venture Global”) is a long-term, low-cost provider of American-produced liquefied natural gas. The company’s Louisiana-based export projects service the global demand for North American natural gas and support the long-term development of clean and reliable North American energy supplies. Using reliable, proven technology in an innovative plant design configuration, Venture Global’s modular, mid-scale plant design will replace traditional designs as it allows for the same efficiency and operational reliability at significantly lower capital cost.
We are seeking a Senior Planner, to be based in Avenza, Italy:
The Senior Planner is responsible for providing analysis and reporting of all project progress and associated installed quantities in the assembly of LNG Liquefaction process modules.
Additional responsibilities are production assessments of planned/forecast/actual installation rates, change impact analysis and stakeholder coordination activities. This position will report to the Project Manager – Liquefaction Equipment Delivery, based in Avenza, Italy.
This position will be responsible for understanding and evaluating execution plans with particular focus on resource requirements, optimal construction sequencing, and identification of constraints and how the planned quantities that are engineered and procured for the modules will be installed per the approved project schedule.
The role will also require effective communication to Project Management for timely decision making. The role will be based in the company’s contractor offices in Avenza, Italy.
Key Responsibilities and Essential Duties:
- Review and analyze site construction plans and schedules for impact on installed quantities
- Review and analyze site work-hour resources, equipment resources and production rates for impact on installed quantities
- Review and contribute to detailed site plans and time scaled charts and diagrams
- Monitor project site progress against an established baseline
- Audit reported project progress on site and compare against plan and forecast
- Utilize commodity rundown curves to track plan/actual/forecast commodity burn rate
- Review and analyze engineered, procured, and installed quantities against budgets/actual/forecast contracted scopes of work at site
- Provide impact analysis of scope or sequencing changes, identify opportunities and proactively develop mitigation strategies for the Project Management team
- Understand and monitor the execution of key interfaces between various scopes of work
- Review third-party design and/or construction schedules
- Provide progress reporting documents and briefing materials as required
- Possesses master schedule understanding and appreciation for phased completion strategies
- A Bachelor's degree in Construction Management, Engineering or any related field.
- Minimum 10-years planning, progress measurement, quantity surveying, and/or construction supervision experience, 15 years or more is preferred, with 5-years in direct support of an active construction project.
- Particular experience with LNG Liquefaction construction is preferred.
- Demonstrated experience with the design and construction of large-scale, complex projects; including understanding a robust progress reporting methodology.
- Demonstrated ability to understand a demanding, technical and complicated construction program; and the ability to communicate progress and issues to a technical- and management-level audience.
- Experience with reviewing and interpreting Primavera P6 project schedules
- Experience assessing and auditing project progress.
- Experience and capability aggregating and manipulating data in Microsoft Excel.
- Effective oral and written communication skills, with an ability to communicate complex issues to a non-technical audience.