Venture Global LNG (“Venture Global”) is a long-term, low-cost provider of American-produced liquefied natural gas. The company’s two Louisiana-based export projects service the global demand for North American natural gas and support the long-term development of clean and reliable North American energy supplies. Using reliable, proven technology in an innovative plant design configuration, Venture Global’s modular, mid-scale plant design will replace traditional designs as it allows for the same efficiency and operational reliability at significantly lower capital cost.
We are seeking qualified applicants for the position of Operations Training Simulator (OTS) Trainer.
The OTS Trainer is responsible for all facets of OTS Training and Competency at the Calcasieu Pass facility. The OTS Trainer will proactively develop and administer the Venture Global LNG OTS Training and Competency Program. The OTS Trainer must have broad knowledge of OTS systems, training design and related implementation.
- Responsible for the development and implementation of OTS training and competency programs for Venture Global LNG.
- Accountable for the administration of OTS activities including competency mapping, curriculum design, scenario creation and activity administration.
- Develop lesson plans and assessment guides for OTS training and assessment delivery.
- Provide support through design, testing and delivery of the OTS systems from the vendor to Venture Global LNG facilities.
- Evaluate Operator performance during training and assessments and provide feedback to Candidates, Supervisors, and Management as necessary.
- Provide oversight for developing OTS training courses, and programs to meet or exceed company requirements, best practices and established standards.
- Lead interaction with Operations personnel to identify scenarios based on real time data and potential incidents found during operation of the DCS.
- Oversee maintenance contract(s) to ensure OTS is maintained and serviced to provide accurate training and assessments.
- Develop and implement methods to track and measure the effectiveness of OTS programs.
- Accountable for the collection and sharing of OTS training and competency metrics, and work with local management to ensure quality and internal standards for the Calcasieu Pass facility
- Conduct regular audits and verification of OTS activities, materials and records, to ensure overall program effectiveness. Advise the Director - Training, Competency and Assurance of any identified gaps and action plans.
- Education and Certifications: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience preferred.
- Experience: 10 years in the operation of oil and gas pipelines, operating Distributed Control Systems in process or chemical processing facilities. A minimum of 3 years of progressive experience in OTS systems design and training.
- Must maintain a Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC) card in good standing status.
- Experience in applicable program designs required.
- Strong working knowledge of the Operation Training Simulator and its design capability.
- Thorough understanding of OTS training development and delivery within an operating environment preferably with FERC experience.
- An acute sensitivity to safety issues in a hazardous environment.
- Effective communicator at all levels of an organization with individuals and groups from different disciplines, industries and governmental agencies.
- Organized and able to manage multiple situations.
- Advanced Skills with Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint.
- Experience in assessing high risk positions to accredited industry standards.
Venture Global LNG is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law.