Venture Global LNG (“Venture Global”) is a long-term, low-cost provider of American-produced liquefied natural gas. The company’s Louisiana-based export projects service the global demand for North American natural gas and support the long-term development of clean and reliable North American energy supplies. Using reliable, proven technology in an innovative plant design configuration, Venture Global’s modular, mid-scale plant design will replace traditional designs as it allows for the same efficiency and operational reliability at significantly lower capital cost.
We are seeking a to welcome a Commercial Manager to our Arlington, VA based team. The Commercial Manager will participate in a multi-discipline team that provides Contracts discipline specific Engineering and Construction oversight and Operations support during design, construction, startup and commissioning, and plant operations after handover. Additional responsibilities include corporate contracts formulation, administration, and closure activities.
Key Responsibilities and Essential Duties:
- The Commercial Manager is the Primary Company Representative for Contract administration with the EPC contracts and will participate and act as the Company representative in interface meetings with the EPC contractors and subcontractors.
- Prepare and issue a Contracts manual that describes guidelines, processes and procedures to be followed during the multiple phases of design, construction, startup and commissioning of the LNG Project. The manual will standardize owners contract administrative processes and detail the methods to minimize claims for change orders.
- During the EPC phase, manage the Company Post Award Contract controls and ensure strict discipline to contractual requirements for Administration, claims and change order management, approvals to these processes for both Company representative’s requests, and the EPC contractor, and subcontractors.
- In the context of Commercial Management, provide continuity and discipline to the development, implementation and monitoring of the performance of the EPC contractor as measured against completion of milestones, invoiced payments, and schedule forecasts.
- Liaise with Corporate support functions such as Finance, Supply Chain, Project Controls & Legal teams, etc. for new and existing Agreement(s) and Management of Change Orders.
- Participate as a key stakeholder in the development or review of the Project Contract & Procurement Strategy, Procurement Plan, integration plans for any Venture Global LNG materials and/or oversight to contractually agreed EPC related Procurement or Materials Management activities.
- Adhere to established Engineering & Construction execution team practices in development, formulation and administration of Contracts.
- 15+ Yrs professional experience in energy and contracts management.
- Detail knowledge of EPC contract agreements and change order processes required.
- Proven leadership and influential skills. Able to effectively work and communicate with all levels of the company.
- Able to identify contract specifications that delegate risk and provide appropriate mitigation measures.
- Delegation and communication skills required. Able to develop or refine a company-wide program and clearly communicate expectations and business value to all levels of the business.
Venture Global LNG is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law.