Venture Global LNG (“Venture Global”) is a long-term, low-cost provider of American-produced liquefied natural gas. The company’s two Louisiana-based export projects service the global demand for North American natural gas and support the long-term development of clean and reliable North American energy supplies. Using reliable, proven technology in an innovative plant design configuration, Venture Global’s modular, mid-scale plant design will replace traditional designs as it allows for the same efficiency and operational reliability at significantly lower capital cost..
Serving as an integral member of the Company’s HQ Project Controls management team, the Change Management Coordinator will be responsible for supporting the delivery and implementation of the Change Management process of Venture Global LNG. This includes interfacing with the EPC Contractor Change Management team for early detection of potential changes.
The position requires some estimating experience within the change management discipline, good written and oral communication skills, a collaborative approach to completion of tasks, technical and critical analysis, and an excellent work ethic. This position reports to the Change Controls Manager. Key interactions include Houston based team members, Corporate team members, vendors, and contractors. The ability to effectively interface with the Houston and Site Teams is a prerequisite.
This is not an organizational change management role.
- Analyze, investigate and review potential changes to the various contracted scopes of work as reflected on the purchase orders for owner furnished equipment
- Appraise cost and schedule impact of potential changes by working with relevant discipline experts and developing the corresponding estimates per engineering, procurement, fabrication, construction, and CSU impact to compare against Contractor’s submission
- Assess deviations from base scope of work to determine the justification of the change
- Coordinate multi-discipline reviews to evaluate potential changes to provide final recommendation for execution of the change
- Prepare exhibits and other backup documentation for change order justification
- Working with the cost control team, track the manhours and costs of direct and indirect labor, materials, tagged equipment, subcontractors, etc., incremental delta as a result of executed changes
- Budget and forecast costs related to change order work, work closely with project controls team in preparing monthly and quarterly forecasts and reporting
- Ability to maintain discretion and confidentiality at all times
- Understand and interpret contract documents and IFC drawings
- Experience with tracking changes related to OFE (Owner Furnished Equipment)
- Computer knowledge and proficiency in Microsoft Office products
- Understand the project estimate, cost report budgeting and schedule
- Intermediate estimating skills and understanding of field operations
- Proficient in reconciling potential changes against quantity reviews reporting
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Functions effectively as part of a team
- Ability to develop and maintain relationships with stakeholders
- Exhibits strong leadership qualities
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Strong decision making/problem solving skills with an ability to communicate complex issues to a non-technical audience.
- Strong negotiation skills
- Excellent understanding of cost reporting/forecasting
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Understand base scope of work and base estimate and cost report
- Bachelor’s Degree in Construction Management or Engineering
- 5+ years of relevant experience in cost analysis/estimating as related to change management
Venture Global LNG is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law.