Highsnobiety is a brand dedicated to the latest in style, culture, and the community pushing them forward. We don't just report on what's happening — we are shaping it. From industry deep dives to product curations to our very own in-house garments, our goal is to bring you not anything and everything, but only the best of the best on all fronts.
The same applies to our newest venture – Highsnobiety GATEZERO. With Highsnobiety GATEZERO, we enter the world of travel retail in bringing a highly curated assortment of brands and products to airports across the globe, offering style led travelers the new luxury shopping experience they have been waiting for.
As part of the growing Highsnobiety GATEZERO team, we are looking for a Global Retail Operations Manager to join us in our Berlin Headquarters.
In this role, you will support the Managing Directors with taking the lead on all retail operations and growing the retail team globally. You will collaborate with business functions, field leadership and store teams to ensure new stores open on time, on budget and exceed customer expectations. Both onsite and through your remote work, you will manage a comprehensive project plan and opening process that culminates in a well-trained team set up to lead a profitable new business.
- Develop and build the operational backbone of Highsnobiety GATEZERO’s growing retail operation and leading store openings by leading the New Store Opening process across functions
- Lead the global team of retail managers and retail support staff to deliver on retail operations priorities and objectives
- Work closely with the management team in defining the distribution strategy (i.e. warehousing partners, POS system setup), operational processes and roll-out plans to scale Highsnobiety GATEZERO’s retail offering across the globe
- Work closely with the Highsnobiety GATEZERO buying team and the world’s leading brands to support creating merchandising plans and forecasts for new locations as well as supporting regular replenishment
- Manage partnership with external instore designers and onsite build out providers
- Provide milestones and support to field leadership pre-open, open and in the initial weeks after opening
- Manage a team of field experts who will assist with each opening
- Partner with business partners in the months/weeks leading up to turnover:
- Construction/Store Design: Review fixture map, square footage total & by department, stockroom and cash wrap layout
- Shipment: schedule delivery & instructions for initial shipment shipped for new store opening
- Allocation: Confirm allocation has selling square footage and store departments and sister store information to determine inventory levels required for store to meet/exceed sales expectations
- Merchandising and Visual: Align on store mapping and product placement
- Experts: determine and develop expert roles and expectations
- Information Technology: confirm all systems checklists and register testing are complete and fully functional in time for associate training
- Store Operations: ES/ISPU, UPS, HR Poster compliance, Sales Audit, Payroll and Loss prevention are confirmed with start dates
- Effectively plan an opening schedule that accounts for store process and merchandise set up and onsite training
- Lead efforts to remediate issues that arise during the opening process, taking partnership with business partners as needed to determine how to stay on track to meet the opening day timeline
- Manage and drive resolution to post opening open items list
- Hindsight each new store opening project focusing on hiring, training, scheduling, and overall project success to adjust and improve future new store openings
- Minimum 3 years of experience in retail operations or project management
- Strong analytical mindset, attention to detail and ability to perform under pressure
- Operational and hands-on attitude
- Stakeholder management both internally and externally
- Fluency in English
- Willingness to travel
- Experienced in travel retail is a plus
WHAT WE OFFER:
- A comprehensive COVID-19 remote work plan and related sustainable business model
- A bright and spacious Design office, which reflects our brand and focuses on employee well-being, located in the upcoming and vibrant district of Schöneberg
- Motivating, international and creative work atmosphere
- High degree of responsibility, creativity, originality, independence and creative leeway
- The opportunity to proactively shape a company and help build a global brand
- Competitive compensation (incl. visa/relocation support)
- Attractive employee benefits (e.g. various discounts)
We’re looking forward to hearing from you!!
Highsnobiety is a global community of independent-minded creatives & professionals: Every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression or genetic information.