Takealot.com, a leading South African online retailer, is looking for a highly talented Group Head of Advertising to join our Business Development Team in Cape Town.
We are a young, dynamic, hyper growth company looking for smart, creative and hard-working people with integrity to join us. We offer a market related Total Remuneration Package, which allows full flexibility according to your needs, a great work environment and a promise that you won’t be bored, as long as you are prepared for a challenge and want to build something great.
The position reports to the Head of Business Development
Your mission, should you choose to accept it:
Taking advertising from a “startup” within the Group to a substantial player in the South African advertising market; and a major contributor the overall Group financials.
Growing the Takealot Advertising business into a substantial driver of Group profitability:
- Driving rapid revenue growth from Advertising on the Takealot Group platforms
- Refining and developing the Group Advertising strategy
- Rapidly scaling the Advertising business on takealot.com
- Working with Superbalist and Mr D Food to leverage Group Advertising capabilities and building out their advertising businesses
- Managing the cost base to ensure an efficient Advertising function
Building a world class Advertising sales function:
- Growing a diverse Advertising sales, operations and product team with the key skills required ● Putting in place processes and systems needed to support an effective and efficient sales team and campaign operations
- Leveraging existing relationships within the Group to build out the businesses’ advertising client base; and build out new client relationships with brands and agencies
- Optimising pricing across the Group’s advertising products
Developing the Advertising Product:
- Building out the takealot.com Sponsored Product, Display and other advertising solutions
- Innovating with new advertising product opportunities across Group businesses
- Execute on these products through the Product and Engineering teams of all Group businesses
Managing the interrelationships between Group Advertising and the Group’s Business Units and Divisions within those (especially Merchant; Marketing and Product)
Participating in the development and execution of the Group’s strategy taking into account the current business model.
The skills we need:
- Ability to rapidly scale a business; while putting in place sustainable processes and systems;
- Have an entrepreneurial mindset with the ability to work independently and achieve a wide set of goals and objectives in a fast-changing environment;
- Ability to build and maintain positive relationships internally and externally;
- Must be a strong leader and team player;
- Resilience and perseverance to overcome challenges to achieve objectives;
- Must have a strong business acumen;
- Possess strong analytical skills and ability to translate metrics, research, and trends into strategy and execution;
- Must be able to communicate clearly both orally and in writing;
- Have a strong drive and work ethic;
- Ability to solve complex problems.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s and Postgraduate degree
- 7 years experience in a senior advertising or marketing role
- In-depth experience in digital advertising; and preferably, e-Commerce
- Track record of P&L responsibility and delivering commercial results
- Experience in scaling a business
- Takealot.com employees are entrepreneurial and dynamic, smart, customer-centric, fun and have the shared ambition of takealot.com being the leading e-commerce company in Africa.
- We have fun, work hard, take ownership, work in teams to create solutions, and are always open to direct feedback/new ideas on where we can improve
- We are short on ego and high on output
- We are doers and not only thinkers, it’s all in the execution after all
- We love what we do and what we are creating
We seek to Employ an Extra Ordinary Mind who:
- is respectful but forthright
- is an expert at doing, who can not only design but also execute
- is analytical, able to use data to make decisions
- is competitive, self-directed and strive to be the BEST (GREAT requires a lot of work and does not only happen during business hours
- is passionate about the potential of e-commerce and delivering a world-class customer experience
- is entrepreneurial, thrives under change and accepts it is a constant and always looks for solutions to do something better and faster
- is business SMART. Able to think about problems from a business perspective using technical and product input;
- is curious and challenge the status quo
- is innovative and enjoys iteration
- is collaborative
- will be at the cutting edge of developing new concepts for takealot.com
- thinks like an owner of the business
- is SMART, has INTEGRITY and is HARD WORKING
If you meet the above criteria and are an Extraordinary Mind, come and join us!
Takealot is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants from the previously disadvantaged groups and people with disabilities will be given preference.