takealot.com, a leading South African online retailer, is looking for a highly talented CRM Manager to join our team in Cape Town. In this role, you will be responsible for the design, curation and maintenance of Takealot’s promotional email and CRM briefs and content.
We are a young, dynamic, hyper growth company looking for smart, creative, hard-working people with integrity to join us. We offer a market related, Total Remuneration Package which allows full flexibility according to your needs, a great work environment and a promise that you won’t be bored as long as you are prepared for a challenge and want to build something great.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Developing and executing a CRM Strategy that supports the overarching Marketing Strategy.
- Analysing data to derive insights into the customer base and formulate communication plans to drive desired behaviour. This includes working closely with the Email, Performance, Brand and Retail Marketing teams.
- Identifying channels and key marketing messages to encourage first and repeat orders and prevent dormancy.
- Deriving plans and strategies to encourage purchasing behaviour to maximise lifetime value of customers.
- Segmentation and management of the customer database to ensure correct targeting and communication.
- Mapping out existing customer journeys as well as planning and setting up new journeys.
- Working with the Design and Brand teams to create content that is relevant and on brand.
- Ensuring that all communication is correct and sent on time.
- Reporting on the performance of communication with the intention of optimising communication and customer behaviour.
- Developing and testing strategies and using the derived insights to develop more effective ways of communicating with customers.
- Working closely with the BI and engineering teams to ensure optimal CRM Platform setup and ongoing improvements.
- Research new ways of communicating to customers
- Ensure that all CRM touchpoints contribute to a consistent and positive brand image and experience.
- Support other customer facing departments with guidelines on customer engagement.
- Ensure that all marketing data and systems are POPIA compliant.
- Working Closely with the Superbalist and Mr D Food CRM teams to conceive, plan and execute on Cross-Group Campaigns and initiatives.
- An appreciation and passion for memorable customer engagement
- A solid understanding of CRM across various touchpoints
- Experience working with data to inform strategies and plans
- Outstanding numeric and analytical skills
- Experience using Salesforce Marketing Cloud, Localytics or similar CRM marketing platforms.
- Experience in marketing and communication.
- Solutions-oriented, can-do attitude and high energy.
- Highly organized and efficient, whilst being flexible and versatile.
- An enthusiasm for, and an understanding of e-commerce.
- Exceptional English writing skills.
- Tech savvy with a passion for using technology to solve problems
- The appetite for being involved in a startup environment
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Confident, with very strong interpersonal and communication skills and a proven ability to build productive relationships quickly
- The ability to present ideas and data to senior management
- Experience working with SQL
- An Honours or Masters degree in relevant Tertiary Education
- 5 - 7 years experience in CRM
- Experience within e-commerce and/or in digital marketing
- takealot.com employees are entrepreneurial and dynamic, smart, customer-centric, fun and have the shared ambition of takealot.com being the leading e-commerce company in Africa.
- We have fun, work hard, take ownership, work in teams to create solutions, and are always open to direct feedback/new ideas on where we can improve.
- We are short on ego and high on output.
- We are doers and not only thinkers, its all in the execution after all.
- We love what we do and what we are creating.
We seek to Employ an Extra Ordinary Mind who:
- is respectful but forthright
- is an expert at doing, who can not only design but also execute
- is analytical, able to use data to make decisions
- is competitive, self-directed and strive to be the BEST (GREAT requires a lot of work and does not only happen during business hours
- is passionate about the potential of e-commerce and delivering a world-class customer experience
- is entrepreneurial, thrives under change and accepts it is a constant and always looks for solutions to do something better and faster
- is business SMART. Able to think about problems from a business perspective using technical and product input;
- is curious and challenge the status quo
- is innovative and enjoys iteration
- is collaborative
- will be at the cutting edge of developing new concepts for takealot.com
- thinks like an owner of the business
- is SMART, has INTEGRITY and is HARD WORKING
If you meet the above you are an Extraordinary Mind so come and join us!
Takealot is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants from the previously disadvantaged groups and people with disabilities will be given preference.