Solarisbank is a tech company with a full German banking license. Our Banking-as-a-Service platform enables businesses to offer their own financial products. With our straightforward APIs, our partners can access and integrate a wide range of solutions such as digital banking, payments, cards, identification and lending services. As a market leader we are driven by bringing transformational change to the financial services industry.
We love what we do and we love our team. We are 300+ people from over 50 nationalities - a unique blend of techies, fintech enthusiasts, bankers and entrepreneurs from various industries. Our routines are built around genuinely valuing and exchanging different perspectives as well as actively sharing knowledge as we drive our business as a team. We believe and invest in personal growth. Our publicly shared learning framework lays out your career opportunities. In addition, we offer a range of benefits to support your curiosity, health and well-being.
Solarisbank is divided in 4 business units, each of them responsible for one slice of the overall product offering. Each unit is a cross-functional team of people, from tech and product to risk and sales. Each unit contains two or more product development teams. Around the units exist functional teams that help Solarisbank accelerate as a people organisation.
As a VP of Engineering you report to the CTO and have multiple direct reports. You’ll work with other Engineering Leads, VP’s in Tech, and the CTO to formulate and drive the Technology Strategy.
- Lead, manage and grow multiple teams of product focused software engineers in various locations
- Drive and work on overarching initiatives on the tech function and company level
- Work with product to understand desired application capabilities and testing scenarios - Continuously improve software engineering practices
- Bring a passion to stay on top of tech trends, experiment with and learn new technologies, participate in internal & external technology communities, and mentor other members of the engineering community
- Lead efforts to deploy new and existing applications into AWS environments
- Collaborate with internal teams to find areas of opportunities for collaboration, re-usability, automation, and machine learning.
- Partner with architects, product leaders, and software engineers to drive implementation of new applications
What you should bring along
- Technology Evangelism: Strong engineering and technology background with the ability to learn quickly and go deep into our product and engineering solutions
- Effective Communication: Excellent listener; proven ability to cooperate and communicate at all levels and across various stakeholders and partners
- Partner Attitude: Have the skills to build strong and lasting partnerships with other technology, product, and other leaders that enable your team’s ability to stay on the cutting edge of industry solutions
- Curiosity: Hands-on, with a collaborative style of working
- Passion: Bring energy and enthusiasm to the job and organization
- Boldness: History of taking smart actions, managing risks and leading through change
- Leadership: Building an enabled team, be a leader of leaders, be a role model for our vision, values and culture
At Solarisbank, we are committed to nurturing an inclusive environment, where all Solarians feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a diverse workforce that reflects the diversity of our communities. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of color, ethnicity, religion, sex, origin, disability, marital status, citizenship, or gender identity. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
Information on data processing: