solarisBank is the world’s first banking platform enabling businesses to create custom solutions for their financial needs. The core of the company is a fast and modern technology which makes our banking services quick to setup and simple to build. With a full EU banking license, we combine agile engineering with the regulatory expertise of a fully licensed bank.
By combining digital focus, tech expertise, and banking experience we enable our partners to offer various digital financial services to their end-consumer. Our Banking Platform is built in a modular way allowing partners to easily integrate through APIs and access a range of solutions, including BKYC, Digital Banking, Cards, Payments, and Lending. We also partner with trusted third parties to offer additional services e.g. FX, KYC.
solarisBank was founded in March 2016 in Berlin receiving full EU Banking License within 9 months of operating. We are now active in 10+ EU countries via passporting of the banking license and reaching over 2 million end-customers via 80+ partners. Following two successful funding rounds, solarisBank received approx. 95m EUR of funding from strategic investors such as Arvato, BBVA, Lakestar, Visa, SBI Group, ABN AMRO and FinLeap.
Our international team of 300+ colleagues combines digital focus, tech expertise and banking experience. Whether you're a full-stack developer, banker or astronaut, if you're ready to change banking, reach out to us. We love what we do and love our team.
- Lead and mentor the existing non-financial risk management team.
- Drive the management of non-financial risk, especially operational risk at solarisBank.
- Enhance, build, maintain and communicate company’s operational risk program including related policies, procedures, and controls.
- Manage and develop further main fields of Non-Financial risk like Operational Risk Management, New-Product-Processes, Outsourcing Controlling, Business Continuity Management and others.
- Maintain an up-to-date and comprehensive knowledge of company products, services, policies, procedures, philosophy, and organizational structure.
- Assess and monitor non-financial risk throughout the organization and recommend safeguards designed to keep risk to acceptable levels.
- You will coordinate non-financial risk-related audits and serve as the point person for regulatory exams; document and lead efforts to related findings within appropriate timeframes.
- You will help to keep solarisBank in line with regulations and standards we have to comply with.
- Regular reporting of non-financial risks to the management of the organization.
- You will implement tools to automate our risk management processes.
- You will drive awareness campaigns and train fellow Solarians on risk relevant topics.
- Good university degree.
- Sound knowledge in the field of non-financial risk, especially operational risk management.
- Knowledge of relevant regulation (MaRisk, Basel and CRD IV regulatory framework, etc) and recent regulatory developments (e.g. EBA guidelines, BIS papers) or relevant standards (ISO 22301).
- Preferential: relevant professional experience acquired in similar role in financial industry and/ or experience with Operational Risk Management, Internal Controls or Business Continuity Management.
- Strong project management and self-organizational skills.
- Experience in leading teams.
- You are diligent and constant when documenting and performing administrative tasks.
- You like to work with people, beyond the screen.
- German, English.
- We aren't a traditional bank – rather a tech company with a banking license. We combine the best from the digital world with our unique tech-enabled platform banking approach
- Take a deep breath – and get ready to grow at the speed of light: We're a young company and you can shape our destiny from day one
- You’ll join a team of experts from tech, entrepreneurship and banking. It's an exclusive combination you'll find in few places other than solarisBank
- We're growing rapidly – and you will grow with us. We have a true hands-on mentality which creates lots of opportunities for individual growth
At solarisBank, we are committed to nurture an inclusive environment, where all solarians feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to build a diverse workforce that reflects the diversity of our communicates. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of color, race, religion, sex, origin, disability, marital status, citizenship, or gender identity. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer.