Similarweb is a place for the dreamers. A place to grow personally and professionally, by constantly challenging yourself and the status quo, bringing in new ideas, and simply daring to explore… In Similarweb you’ll be surrounded by talented individuals that are passionate about data, technology, and people.
For five years running, Similarweb has been chosen as one of Dun & Bradstreet’s TOP BEST HI-TECH COMPANIES TO WORK FOR IN ISRAEL. We raised over $240M and have 800 employees across 10 global offices. In May 2021, we began trading on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE), and we couldn’t have done it without each and every one of our Similarwebbers.
We believe in balancing between the flexibility of working from home, and the fun of working together and face to face personal connections. That is why, at Similarweb we have implemented a Hybrid model, in which you work from the office 3 days, and can decide to work from home two days a week. Enjoying the best of both worlds!
What makes the Similarweb R&D team awesome?
- We love data! At Similarweb you have the opportunity to work with it on a petabyte scale!
- As part of the team you will support the backend for our multi million client side panel across all platforms through our massive ingest pipeline in cloud (Big data starts with ingesting even bigger data. Our Node.js, Kinesis, Java, Python, Go pipeline is impressive!)
- We are solving some really complex problems with web server scale, algorithms on the client side, research of different OS’s and APIs, managing multi million users products and more.
- Work with cutting edge technology - we often beta test the tech that other people will only discover next year!
- We want you to get better and help you set goals and conquer them
We are looking for a Data Team Manager
You will lead a team of data scientists and data engineers in the Shopper Intelligence group. The group utilizes a vast amount of digital data collected throughout the global digital world and applies machine learning and statistical algorithms to generate the next generation of similarweb’s products and services, enriching the similarweb offering. The team is a part of a growing domain presenting the opportunity to be part of crucial design and architecture checkpoints, while having the ability to build and customize your own team.
What does the day to day of a Team Manager in the Shopper Group at Similarweb look like:
- Managing three different disciplines (Data Engineers, Data Scientists and Data Analysts)
- Define positions and be part of the recruitment process to your team.
- Analyzing product requirements and planning roadmaps in Collaboration with Product Managers.
- Work thinking groups, create innovative POCs, rethinking on new algorithmic approaches for Similarweb core metrics.
- Managing your teammates and assigning them to different projects and deliveries.
- Helping your team members develop their skills and career path at Similarweb.
On a day to day, the team you will manage will be:
- Be a part of the design and strategy for the group in Similarweb.
- Own and develop end-to-end data pipelines, varies from basic data transformations to complex ML flows.
- Owning and improving the algorithm and data accuracy.
- Solve diverse complex problems of scale, performance and business logic.
- Building Machine Learning pipelines into production.
- Continuously learn and evaluate new technologies in the everlasting effort to perfect our products.
- Run the production environment by monitoring availability and taking a holistic view of system health and data quality.
What does the ideal candidate look like:
- 3+ years of experience in developing production data ingestion and ML pipelines
- Actual hands-on programming experience using data manipulation frameworks like Pandas, Numpy etc
- 1-2 years of experience in leading data-science/research/big data team
- Experience working with big data sets and big data systems (MapReduce/Spark/Hive) - Strong Advantage
- Strong communication skills
Familiarity with the web/internet/online industry and data serving techniques - Nice to Have
Why choose Similarweb?
We believe that building a great product and a great company starts with finding amazing people and helping them grow and develop professionally and personally. At Similarweb, you’ll be surrounded by curious, witty and passionate people that are hungry to drive real impact. We are proud to have over 800 creative and talented professionals, and we strongly believe in winning together as a way of driving a successful business!
- Data Driven: We believe data driven decisions are the key to success and we are evangelists for the power of digital insights
- Passionate: We care deeply about what we do, are accountable for our actions and are committed to helping each other
- Excellence: We believe in excellence as a mindset. It’s in our nature; and we work hard to make a difference
- Winning Together: We know what it takes to build a great company and a great product and it begins with valuing each and every member of our team and working together to reach new heights.
Similarweb is a global company that strives to create a workplace reflective of the communities we serve, where individuals are empowered to bring their full, authentic selves to work. We are committed to inclusivity across race, gender, ethnicity, culture, sexual orientation, age, religion, spirituality, identity and experience. We believe our culture of equality and mutual respect also helps us better understand and serve our customers in a world that is becoming more global, more diverse, and more digital every day.
Similarweb is the most trusted platform for understanding online behavior. Millions of people rely on Similarweb insights daily as the ground truth for their knowledge of the digital world. We empower anyone — from the curious individual to the enterprise business leader — to make smarter decisions by understanding why things happen across the digital ecosystem. Learn more at WWW.SIMILARWEB.COM.