As the most trusted platform for understanding online behavior, millions of people rely on SimilarWeb insights daily as the ground truth for their knowledge of the digital world. We empower anyone — from the curious individual to the enterprise business leader — to make smarter decisions by understanding why things happen across the digital ecosystem.
Reporting to the Client Services Team Manager, based in Tokyo, the Digital Marketing Specialist (SEO) owns the value-focused (pre-sales) phase of the sales cycle, improving the win rate of the sales cycle to increase ARR of the business. You will have the opportunity to directly advise the biggest consumer goods companies in Japan on their digital strategy. MSE’s collaborate with multiple departments at SimilarWeb to help turn SimilarWeb’s data into insights.
Key responsibilities include:
- Meet with prospects to understand pain points to provide scalable insights on behalf of the Sales organization
- Ongoing production and presentation of insights (decks, insight emails) in order to demonstrate the value of SimilarWeb to meet the prospect’s business needs
- Present insights in client meetings
- Contribute to global strategy
- Run pre-sales initiatives (such as trials, outreach programmes etc) in Japanese market
- Business Strategy:
- Feedback loop into Solutions (SimilarWeb’s strategy arm) on product, positioning, go-to-market strategy and more.
- Flagging if specific work is reusable to the business to turn into white papers, blog posts, etc. by our Solutions team.
What will I bring to the team?
- 2+ years of relevant client-facing skills: excellent communication and insights-based presentation skills
- Native Japanese language proficiency. You will only be presenting to Japanese speaking prospects so fluency is mandatory
- Digital Marketing experience: Strong understanding of key digital web metrics and various online marketing channels
- Highly skilled in Excel
- Experience producing high-quality client-facing materials
- Excellent problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Comfortable working in a fast paced SaaS environment and the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Team player able to effectively interact with colleagues and business partners across the company
- Strong relationship building skills – ability to quickly build rapport and establish trust
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision while exercising sound judgment
- Self-motivated by results and driven toward excellence in everything that you do
- Eagerness to learn and grow with a thriving company!
It’s a plus if you have:
- Experience using SimilarWeb
- Proficient in English
- Have experience in a specific industry (eg: travel, retail, consumer finance, consumer electronics)
Why choose SimilarWeb?
We believe that building a great product and a great company starts with finding amazing people and helping them grow and develop professionally and personally. At SimilarWeb, you’ll be surrounded by innovative, passionate and creative people that are looking to drive real impact. We are proud to have over 500 talented and passionate professionals, and we strongly believe in winning together as a way of driving a successful business!
- Data-Driven: We believe data-driven decisions are the key to success and we are evangelists for the power of digital insights
- Passionate: We care deeply about what we do, are accountable for our actions and are committed to helping each other
- Excellence: It’s in our nature; and we work hard to make a difference
- Winning Together: We know what it takes to build a great company and a great product and it begins with valuing each and every member of our team