SimilarWeb is the pioneer of market intelligence and the standard for understanding the digital world. SimilarWeb provides granular insights about any website or app across all industries in every region enabling the world's biggest brands like Airbnb, Walmart, HSBC, eBay and Adidas to create the strategies necessary to win market share. The company has raised over $112M and has over 400 employees across nine global offices.
SimilarWeb has been named one of Calcalist's Top 50 Startups 2019 and one of the 10 Most Desirable Israeli Companies to Work for. Similarweb is also ranked 8th in Dun’s best high tech companies to work for in Israel in 2018, taking over companies such as Amazon, Mobileye, PayPal, Ebay and more.
What makes the SimilarWeb R&D team awesome?
- High performance web serving layer, capable of providing analytics on hundreds of millions of pages and domains with sub-second latency
- Work with cutting edge technology - we often beta test the tech that other people will only discover next year!
- We want you to get better and help you set goals and conquer them
A day to day as a DevOps Engineer at SimilarWeb means:
DevOps is software engineer with passion for infrastructure, exploring new technologies, building applications and tools to help us move faster while preserving high quality while being an effective communicator and a team member.
Your role will include:
- Creating APIs and tools that will be used by 100+ engineers and have a direct impact on how SimilarWeb delivers software and data.
- Design, build and manage highly available, scalable and robust services.
- Manage thousands of servers and containers by automating infrastructure changes and deployments.
- Developing and maintaining our logging, monitoring and alerting stacks.
- Troubleshooting and mitigating production incidents as part of an on-call rotation alongside engineers from within all other R&D groups (and make sure we don't get the same alert twice)
What will I bring to the team?
- Experience in developing server side applications and tooling using Python/Ruby/Java/Node.js/Go.
- Vast experience with running a large scale operation.
- Deep understanding in Linux: troubleshooting, designing robust architectures and understanding the internals;
- Good understanding of Web Servers, Load Balancers, Caching Systems, Relational Databases, Networking, etc.
- Ability and willingness to say your opinion and back it up with hard facts.
It’s a plus if you also have:
- Experience with configuration management tools such as Puppet, Chef, Ansible, Terraform, Packer, etc.
- Experience with Docker and container orchestration solutions such as Nomad, Kubernetes, Mesos or Swarm
- Experience building web-based and CLI tools.
- Experience with AWS.
- Familiarity with Big Data technologies such as Hadoop, Spark, HDFS, Airflow, HBase, etc.
Why choose SimilarWeb?
We believe that building a great product and a great company starts with finding amazing people and helping them grow and develop professionally and personally. At SimilarWeb, you’ll be surrounded by innovative, passionate and creative people that are looking to drive real impact. We are proud to have over 400 talented and passionate professionals, and we strongly believe in winning together as a way of driving a successful business!
- Data Driven: We believe data driven decisions are the key to success and we are evangelists for the power of digital insights
- Passionate: We care deeply about what we do, are accountable for our actions and are committed to helping each other
- Excellence: We believe in excellence as a mindset. It’s in our nature; and we work hard to make a difference
- Winning Together:We know what it takes to build a great company and a great product and it begins with valuing each and every member of our team and working together to reach new heights.