You already ♥LOVE♥ us
Shearer’s is a privately held producer, leading co-manufacturer and distributor of quality snack foods sold under the Shearer’s brand, and other private labels. Ranking number one in private brand and contract manufactured salty snacks, as well as the number two supplier of private brand cookies and crackers in North America, you love our products, although you may not be familiar with our name! We utilize our manufacturing expertise to serve as a strategic supplier to our partners, who are nationally recognized retail and restaurant brands. With exceptional competence in product development, manufacturing, marketing, and distribution, we continue to embrace significant growth in each segment of our business. Headquartered in Massillon, Ohio, we have over 5,000 associates in 12 state-of-the-art manufacturing and distribution sites in North America. You can visit our website at www.Shearers.com
Associate Procurement Manager
At Shearer’s, we provide the safest environment possible for our employees by providing proper PPE (Personal Protective Equipment), frequent and thorough sanitation practices, social distancing, daily temperature checks, as well as virtual interviewing options. Safety is our absolute priority.
Your seat at the table
Procurement organization is seeking an Associate Category Manager that will be responsible all aspects of a category to provide best value and competitive advantage in the marketplace
- Develops supply and sourcing strategies with research and planning, including simple to complex requests for information, requests for proposal, and competitive bids
- Leads sourcing initiatives including timelines and deliverables to drive best value and effectively communicate status, work activities, and issues to leadership
- Researches cost saving opportunities, presents opportunities to stakeholders, gains acceptance, and drives effective cost savings programs
- Develops strategic supplier relationships to leverage suppliers that support and drive business strategies (i.e. national agreements/solutions, innovation)
- Manages supplier compliance to agreements within the scope and authority of the position
- Monitors function’s and supplier’s performance against goals, analyzes and documents results and initiates appropriate responses to satisfy requirements
- Manages performance and development of suppliers to meet specified KPI targets and goals including administration of supplier evaluation programs
- Develops strong cross-functional relationships with departments external to Procurement to achieve goals and improvement opportunities in a Continuous Improvement (CI) culture
- Applies expertise to recommend cost effective alternatives to meet needs and promote innovative solutions to drive growth
- Assists with development, implementation and management of effective procurement best practices, policies and procedures
- Lead program management on sales of Shearer’s manufacturing by-products
- Negotiate contracts, improve prices and terms of business with suppliers
What you bring to the table
- BS Degree preferred.
- Minimum of 2+ years experience in sourcing indirect materials
- Ability to work independently
- Advanced time management and analytical skills
- Proven working experience as a project administrator
- Strong analytical and Microsoft Office software skills
- Excellent communication skills: written and verbal
- Ability to adapt well to change
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong proven leadership capability
We Offer a Feast of Benefits
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Flexible Spending Account, Retirement Savings Plan with Match, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Group Critical Accident Insurance, Group Critical Illness Insurance, Employee Assistance Plan and numerous opportunities to volunteer in the communities in which we operate.
You will be considered for employment in our inclusive workplace
Because at Shearer’s, we are committed to providing equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
This is your invitation to apply now!