At Rockstar Games, we create world-class entertainment experiences.
A career at Rockstar Games is about being part of a team working on some of the most creatively rewarding and ambitious projects to be found in any entertainment medium. You would be welcomed to a dedicated and inclusive environment where you can learn, and collaborate with some of the most talented people in the industry.
Rockstar North is on the lookout for a talented DevOps Engineer who possess a passion for tools, DevOps and IT.
This is a full time permanent position based out of Rockstars’ unique game development studio in the heart of Edinburgh.
WHAT WE DO
- We work with our global IT Systems Engineers to develop infrastructure for hosting our internal tool services.
- We maintain this infrastructure to the highest standard, with an emphasis on preventative actions rather than reactive.
- We constantly review our processes with the aim of automating wherever possible.
- Design, deploy, document and support internal services to best practices for fault tolerance, high availability, and security.
- Work closely with IT Systems and Tools Programmers to develop our internal services to continually improve them.
- Computer Science degree or equivalent or
- Relevant experience as a DevOps Engineer.
- Windows and/or Linux Configuration and Administration skills.
- Windows and/or Linux Desired State/Configuration Management skills using tools such as Ansible or Puppet.
- Installation and Configuration of Application Servers including documentation and maintenance upgrades.
- Virtual Machine Provisioning using tools such as Terraform or Pulumi.
- Infrastructure monitoring using tools such as CheckMK or Nagios.
- Scripting skills such as Powershell, Bash or Python.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to work as part of a team or individually as required.
- Excellent documentation skills with high attention to detail.
- Experience with taking projects from planning through to completion.
Please note that these are desirable skills and are not required to apply for the position.
- Application and web service administration (IIS, WCF, gRPC).
- Database configuration and administration (MySQL, Percona, NoSQL).
- Version control system exposure (Perforce, Git, Subversion).
- Windows and/or Linux Containerization administration and configuration using tools such as Docker, Podman or Kubernetes.
- VMware, Nutanix or other Hypervisor administration.
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply with a CV and cover letter demonstrating how you meet the skills above. If we would like to move forward with your application, a Rockstar recruiter will reach out to you to explain next steps and guide you through the process.
Rockstar is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to hiring, promoting, and compensating employees based on their qualifications and demonstrated ability to perform job responsibilities.
If you’ve got the right skills for the job, we want to hear from you. We encourage applications from all suitable candidates regardless of age, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, belief, or race.