At Rockstar Games, we create world-class entertainment experiences.
A career at Rockstar Games is about being part of a team working on some of the most creatively rewarding and ambitious projects to be found in any entertainment medium. You would be welcomed to a dedicated and inclusive environment where you can learn, and collaborate with some of the most talented people in the industry.
Rockstar is on the lookout for a talented Software Engineer who possesses a strong interest in services development and backend technology stacks to support the Cfx.re creator platforms, including FiveM and RedM. As a member of our team, you will need a critical and creative eye capable of putting forth innovative solutions to complex problems. If you like to understand how things really work “under the hood” of your favorite games, we’d love to hear from you.
This is a full-time permanent position based out of Rockstar's studio in London.
WHAT WE DO
- We deliver a technology platform that enables players to experience community created content on fully customized dedicated servers where creators can develop their own game modes and other modifications in a variety of scripting languages.
- We create technology, tools, and solutions to enhance the creator experience and empower our community to create and share any experience imaginable.
- Develop high volume, highly scalable server-side features utilizing various popular technology stacks.
- Contribute to the design and architecture of new features and improvements for the modding platform.
- Troubleshoot and debug complex issues, optimize code, and improve overall system stability.
- Work closely with other engineers to integrate services seamlessly into the larger platform.
- Develop highly reliable and resilient distributed server systems.
- Collaborate with other Rockstar technology teams across our worldwide studios.
- Minimum 3+ years of experience developing scalable distributed systems using C#.
- Expert in C#.
- Strong CS fundamentals, including excellent understanding of OO design patterns and concepts.
- Experience with API design and development.
- Knowledge of web service scalability, performance, and security practices.
- Experience developing and optimizing services for running in a containerized environment.
- Experience with relational databases and NoSQL datastores.
- Experience with source control, preferably Git.
Please note that these are desirable skills and are not required to apply for the position.
- Previous experience with game or platform development.
- Self-motivated, enthusiastic/passionate about games and curious about how things work.
- Experience optimizing complex programs.
- Familiarity with networking systems and their components including DNS, NAT, firewalls, security methods, peer-to-peer and client server models.
- Knowledge of agile software development processes.
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply with a resume and cover-letter demonstrating how you meet the skills above. If we would like to move forward with your application, a Rockstar recruiter will reach out to you to explain next steps and guide you through the process.
Rockstar is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to hiring, promoting, and compensating employees based on their qualifications and demonstrated ability to perform job responsibilities.
If you’ve got the right skills for the job, we want to hear from you. We encourage applications from all suitable candidates regardless of age, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, belief, or race.