At Rockstar Games, we create world-class entertainment experiences.
A career at Rockstar Games is about being part of a team working on some of the most creatively rewarding and ambitious projects to be found in any entertainment medium. You would be welcomed to a dedicated and inclusive environment where you can learn, and collaborate with some of the most talented people in the industry.
Rockstar India is on the lookout for talented System Administrators who possess a passion for 24x7 Network Operations and Support. This is a full-time permanent position based out of Rockstar’s unique game development studio in Bangalore, India.
WHAT WE DO
- 24x7 Network Operations of our online games, features, and services.
- Hands-on support to the Operations of online and development environments.
- Build/Plan infrastructure for upcoming releases.
- Hands-on installation, maintenance and administration of Windows and Linux based systems across a highly available, public-facing environment.
- Administer and deploy SQL Server 2017/2019 in both clustered and non-clustered configurations.
- Perform patching and support server migrations as needed.
- Develop standard operating procedures to ensure high availability.
- Perform routine system maintenance when needed to resolve issues.
- Support root cause analysis efforts across multiple infrastructure layers.
- Manage and support IIS/.Net C# applications.
- Manage and support local site VMware multi-cluster environment.
- Ensure a highly available production environment particularly during system maintenances including patching and hardware upgrades.
- Perform L1/L2 administration of MS Active Directory.
- Administer monitoring services such as Check MK, Splunk, Grafana.
- Provide timely and creative solutions to difficult problems.
- Work with Data Center technicians to plan hardware maintenance and resolve hardware related issues.
- 4+ years’ experience in a Linux and/or Windows environment using related technologies and standards such as DHCP, DNS, DFS, LDAP, IPSEC, CIFS, SMB, etc.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field, IT certifications, or equivalent experience.
- Experience administering systems in a high traffic, multi-system, public facing environment.
- In-depth hands-on experience in one or more of the following: VMWare, IIS, SQL Server, RHEL, CentOS, Ubuntu, Apache, Mongo, and MySQL.
- Possess a thorough understanding of principles of TCP/IP based networks.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work calmly in high pressure situations and manage multiple ongoing projects.
- Ability to communicate clearly and professionally while working in chat rooms, responding to emails, and/or reporting status.
- One or more scripting languages; PowerShell/DSC, Bash, Shell, Python, PHP, and/or Perl.
- Working knowledge of highly complex IT systems.
- Strong analytical thinking. Knowledge and experience to effectively deal with issues.
- Strong understanding of network topology and strong troubleshooting skills.
- Attention to detail. Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience with REST API automation.
- Ability to work within a distributed team to enhance and develop automated workflows using PowerShell/DSC and Chef.
Please note that these are desirable skills and are not required to apply for the position.
- MCSE/MCITP certification, or equivalent experience.
- RHEL certifications or equivalent experience.
- Experience with supporting online gaming development and production environments.
- General Cisco IOS administration experience for adding removing VLANS, setting up ACLs.
- Knowledge of C#.
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply with a CV and cover-letter demonstrating how you meet the skills above. If we would like to move forward with your application, a Rockstar India recruiter will reach out to you to explain next steps and guide you through the process.
Rockstar is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to hiring, promoting, and compensating employees based on their qualifications and demonstrated ability to perform job responsibilities.
If you’ve got the right skills for the job, we want to hear from you. We encourage applications from all suitable candidates regardless of age, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, belief, or race.