At Rockstar Games, we create world-class entertainment experiences.
A career at Rockstar Games is about being part of a team working on some of the most creatively rewarding and ambitious projects to be found in any entertainment medium. You would be welcomed to a dedicated and inclusive environment where you can learn, and collaborate with some of the most talented people in the industry.
Rockstar Games is currently seeking a highly talented Tools Programmer.
This is an exciting opportunity to work closely with our game development teams, across the entire dynamic art toolchain, and help drive our technology forward to support the creation of all of Rockstar Games projects.
This role will involve developing and maintaining tools from content creation through to the game engine, with a specific focus on physics tooling for authoring character and vehicle dynamics.
This is a full time permanent position.
WHAT WE DO
- We adapt the game engine into an editor for artists, designers and other content creators to work within.
- We build desktop applications and service infrastructure to create workflows that span from modelling and animation packages through to the game engine.
- Work within the Tools team on a wide range of areas in an established codebase, including our asset pipeline and standalone applications.
- Supporting our toolchain end-users across all departments, studios and our concurrent multiple projects.
- Identify areas to improve user workflows and quality of life.
- Implement tasks to specification defined by the Lead Tools programmers.
- A degree in Computer Science, Mathematics or equivalent work experience.
- Strong C++ or C# skills.
- Strong mathematics skills..
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills.
- Ability to work within a schedule and deliver effectively to deadlines.
Please note that these are desirable skills and are not required to apply for the position.
- Games industry experience working on AAA titles.
- Familiarity with at least one digital content creation package.
- Experience with physics simulation/dynamic tools in DCC packages or game engines.
- Experience working with WPF, XAML and the MVVM pattern.
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply with a CV and cover letter demonstrating how you meet the skills above. If we would like to move forward with your application, a Rockstar recruiter will reach out to you to explain next steps and guide you through the process.
Rockstar is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to hiring, promoting, and compensating employees based on their qualifications and demonstrated ability to perform job responsibilities.
If you’ve got the right skills for the job, we want to hear from you. We encourage applications from all suitable candidates regardless of age, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, belief, or race.